14.

Three Weeks Later.

Finals are finally over!!! Thank God! I ended up passing all my classes with a B or higher. When I saw I got a A in my Microbes & Disease class I almost cried. I had nobody to thank but Aaliyah and her awesome teaching. I treated her to drinks & dinner that same night. This is now my second week of winter break and I have, so far, enjoyed it.

Surprisingly things have been going really well with my mom. She calls me just about everyday, and we hang out almost twice a week. I meant what I said when I told her, her actions will speak louder than anything. And so far she has been showing me she means business. I'm not going to lie, it feels good having her back around and redeveloping our mother/daughter relationship.

Also my relationship with Shawn has been amazing. That man really is my best friend. Whenever we're together it's nothing but laughs, he always keeps a smile on my face, and treats me like a queen. I don't want to speak too soon but I think I have found my soulmate. I don't know what I would do if he wasn't in my life anymore. I honestly don't even want to think about it.

Something strange I have noticed pertaining to Shawn is how he acts around my mother. When she is around he doesn't say more than two words. He also seems to get annoyed at the mention of her. I really don't know what it is about, but it is really weird. Especially seeing as how he was in my corner for reconciling with my mother.

Enough about that. With things being so hectic the past few weeks me and Shawn haven't had much time as a couple. So tonight he is taking me on our first official date and I am beyond excited.

Right now I am putting the finishing touches on my makeup. Seeing as how it's 8:15pm and I was supposed to be ready at 8:00pm I'm kind of rushing. Once I'm done with my makeup I grab my heels and head over to the mirror to get a full view of my outfit. It really should be a crime to look as good as I do. I grab my jacket and purse, and head downstairs to meet Shawn.

Mama Gloria took Aimee with her to her place to spend the night. I walk into the living room to see Shawn asleep on the couch. I slightly laugh at him being so tired. My baby has been working extra hours to make sure that Aimee has the best first Christmas ever and I am beyond proud of him.

"Babe" I softly whisper while shaking him. A few seconds later his eyes open and I smile. "I'm ready to go."

He sits up and stretches his arms. "Damn my fault for falling asleep babygirl" he states while standing up.

"It's cool, you've been working extra hard lately" I respond while putting my jacket on. I turn around to see Shawn looking at me like a piece of dessert. I immediately begin to blush. "Stop" I playfully whine.

"Stop" he mocks while laughing

"Stop" he mocks while laughing. "You look good as fuck Bey" he says while placing his hands around my waist. We engage in a passionate but slow kiss. I pull away before we end up missing the date and he fucks me on this couch.