7.

It's been about two weeks since Shawn agreed to stay with me and I can honestly say that I love it. While I'm at school during the day he stays at home and takes care of Aimee. Shawn cooks, cleans, and is just a big help overall. He also offers to pay me some money every two weeks when he gets paid but I declined because I honestly don't need it. But he'll buy groceries or household things to kind of make up for me not taking money for him. I have also enjoyed having Aimee around, she is the sweetest little baby ever.

During these two weeks me and Shawn have also formed a great friendship. He has become one of the people in my life that I can vent to whenever I'm having a bad day and etc. He is honestly a breath of fresh air. I'm grateful that God placed him and Aimee in my life.

I still haven't told anybody about them staying with me right now. I don't feel like explaining myself because I am a grown women that doesn't owe anybody an explanation. But at the same time I could see how my Uncle and friends would be concerned if they knew the situation. I'll eventually tell them when I feel the time is right.

Walking into my apartment I'm immediately hit with the smell of food. These past two weeks have also taught me that Shawn is an amazing cook. Better than I am honestly. I hang my coat up and put my bag down before heading to the kitchen.

I enter the kitchen to see Shawn pulling something out of the oven and Aimee in her high chair. Once Aimee notices me she begins to squeal while happily clapping. My heart warms instantly.

"Hi chipmunk" I state matching her excitement. I head over to pick her up out of her chair. I give her a warm hug and then tickle her so that I could hear that laugh that would brighten up anyone's day.

"Oh shit Bey I didn't even hear you come in" I hear Shawn say.

I place Aimee back in her chair and turn around to give Shawn a hug. "Yeah I was quiet as hell coming in. What did you cook?"

"Some oxtails, rice and beans, cabbage, and some plantains" my mouth instantly begins to water. "Calm your taste buds down fat ass" Shawn says while laughing.

I laugh. "Shut up I haven't ate all day"

"How was class?"

"It was cool. I emailed my Microbes professor about how I am struggling in his class. He said he's going to put me up with one of his past best students to help tutor me"

"That's great Bey. Maybe this is the break you need that will help you pass the class" Shawn encourages.

"I hope so" I respond.

"It is." He says while cleaning up the little mess he made cooking. "I'm about to go upstairs and change for work. Can you make me a plate for lunch please?" He asks.

"Sure. Go get ready" I wave him off.

"Thanks Bey. Your the best" he responds while planting a kiss on my cheek. I can't help but blush.

I head to the pantry and grab one of my plastic containers to put Shawn's lunch in. Once I finished that I made me and Aimee a plate so we could eat. While feeding Aimee some beans, Shawn comes down the stairs dressed for work.

"Your lunch is on the counter" I inform him.

"Thanks. Alright let me get going before I'm late"

"Okay. You know the drill"

"Yes. Text you when I get there and text you when I'm leaving. And I'll call you on my lunch break to check on Aimee. Anything else mom?" He sarcastically asks.

"Nope. Be safe and have a good day at work"

"I will. Bye chipmunk, daddy loves you" he says kissing Aimee before leaving.