19.

It's been about a month since Halle has been living with me and everything is going good. She is making great progress with her therapy sessions. I'm currently still in the process to become her legal guardian, but her social worker said it should take about two more weeks and we are in the clear. The most shocking part is how close Halle is with Shawn, like they are best friends, I sometimes find myself being a little jealous. But just knowing she is more than comfortable with him after everything she's been through gives me a great sense of comfort.

My trifling ass "mother" and that man have yet to be found yet. The police are still looking but haven't made any progress. I lowkey don't want her to be found because of the traumatic impact it could have on Halle. Just let God do his thing and bless her with the worst karma. But at the same time she needs to be held accountable for her actions.

Christmas was about two weeks and we all enjoyed it. Me and Mama Gloria hosted a small Christmas dinner consisting of Shawn, Halle, Uncle Idris, Aimee, Michelle, and Nicki. It was just beautiful to be surrounded with basically my support system in everything I do. It was so much love and respect in that room.

I am currently in my clinical class for the spring semester. I have two more semesters to complete and I will officially be a college graduate. My clinical is from 7am to 6pm on Tuesday's and Thursday's, after clinical's I go straight to Mama Glorias house to pick up Halle and Aimee, then head home where Shawn has dinner ready for the night.

"We're done Bey" I look up to see Rome.

We have clinical and another class together this semester. We be clowning in class but we get our shit done at the same time.

I shake my head ridding my thoughts and grab my things. "Thinking hard huh?" Rome asked.

I chuckled. "Yeah, just ready to get something to eat and go home." I respond.

"True. It's this banging wing spot by campus, if you want we can go grab some" he suggested.

"That's sweet Rome but I have to pick Halle and Aimee up, and I'm pretty sure Shawn has already cooked."

He nods his head. "Alright, but next time we going" he playfully said. "Imma walk to your car."

"You don't have to do that" I said.

"Please a beautiful girl like you, gotta make sure nothing happens to you." He responded while opening the door.

I slightly blushed while walking to the door. We make small talk about our classes while walking to my car.

"Thanks for walking me Rome" I said while throwing my bags in the trunk.

"No problem" he responded while reaching his arms out for a hug. I give him a hug before getting in the car. "Get home safe." He said before closing my door. I waved as I pulled off.

I use my key to open the door to Mama Gloria's place and head to the kitchen where I know she is.

"Hey mama." I said while giving her a hug.

"Hey honey, how was class?" She asked.

I plop down on the bar stool and let out a big sigh. "Long, I'm so tired."

She giggles at my dramatics. "It'll all be worth it in the end."

I nod my head, knowing she was right. "What you cooking?"

"Finishing up some banana pudding for Halle to take home." I playfully roll my eyes.

"Between you and Shawn I don't know who spoils her the most." I laugh.

"Hey just like Aimee that's my grand baby too." She softly said.

"Thank you mama, I truly appreciate that" I genuinely speak.