11.

"Y'all I'm so nervous about tonight" I tell my girls as we leave the nail salon.

Tonight is the night that Shawn will be seeing his mom for the first time since he was ten years old. I just hope and pray that everything goes well. His birthday is officially tomorrow but tonight will just be an intimate dinner.

"You don't have nothing to worry about Bey. Everything will be fine. When you speak negativity, negativity happens" Michelle points out.

"You right Chelle. From this point forward just positive thoughts."

"You have everything ready for tomorrow right?" Megan asks.

"Yup. Ty just has to pick up the cake and bring it, but everything else is set."

"Oh gosh, you left Ty with something that causes for responsibility" Nicki laughs.

I laugh too. "I know, but he promised he could handle it. If not I'm going to beat his short ass up" we all laugh.

I spend a little more time with the girls before heading home. Aimee is with Shawn right now. I told Meek & Ty about my "gift" and they loved it and said Shawn would love it to which makes me feel better. They suggested they would spend the day with Shawn and Aimee so that I could prepare the meal and etc. So they went to the movies and some other stuff.

I arrived home and went to put my bags up in the room and headed back to the kitchen to fix Shawn's favorite meal, which surprisingly is his mother's favorite meal also. I stopped by her house to learn how to make it, let's hope I can remember everything.

Once everything is on the stove and cooking I head to my room to get dressed. I check my phone to see I have about a hour and a half before Shawn gets back. I hop in the shower knowing it's going to take me forever to get dressed. Once I finish showering I pick out an outfit and get dressed. Deciding to give a natural face today, no makeup is applied. I head back to check on the food.

I hear the door open while I'm setting the table up. I place the last fork down and turn around to see Aimee running towards me.

"Hi chipmunk!" I exclaim while tossing her in the air. That beautiful laugh I love fills the room.

"Hi" she shyly says. She just learned the word a couple of days ago and answers with it in response to everything.

"Wassup Bey" Shawn announces as he walks in the room.

I put down Aimee to hug him. "Hey. Happy early birthday" I cheese.

"Thank you. What's all this?" Shawn inquires while looking behind me.

"I cooked you a little pre birthday dinner."

Shawn skeptically looks at me. "You cooked dinner?" He questions with his eyebrow raised.  He definitely has been around me for too long.

"Stop" I playfully whine. "It's going to be good and I had help this time so I know it's going to be good." I speak confidently.

"Alright. Who is the extra plate for?"

For some reason my heart starts beating really fast and I become nervous. "Umm it's for a special guest." I say while avoiding eye contact.