3.

"I definitely needed that" I say while looking at my fresh full set and pedicure. Me, Nicki, Michelle, and our other friend Megan just left the nail salon.

"You can say that again, I been needing a fill in" Megan replies.

We meet Megan a year ago, she was a new student and saw us at the student union

We meet Megan a year ago, she was a new student and saw us at the student union. She decided to sit with us and we all hit it off from there.

"Where we bout' to eat at?" Nicki asks mocking the little boy from that meme. We all laugh.

"I have been craving some oxtails for the longest, so can we go to the Jamaican spot?" Michelle questions. We all agree.

The Jamaican spot is like two blocks over so we decided to walk. Once we got there we were immediately seated and we all ordered our food.

"We should go out tonight y'all, it's been awhile since we all got cute and went somewhere" Megan says.

"Girl speak for yourself, I get cute everyday" Nicki responds.

Megan rolls her eyes. "Bitch you know what I mean" I laugh.

"I agree, it has been awhile and I honestly could use a couple of drinks"

"It's hilarious how we're all underage but stay with a drink in the club." Megan states while laughing.

"That's because dudes be pressed. But if y'all wanna go out tonight I'm down" Michelle says.

Our food comes out interrupting any further conversation.

"So we are going somewhere tonight?" I question after I was done eating, everybody nods their head. "Alright well just text me the time because I have to stop by my uncles" I explain while getting my stuff together.

"Tell Daddy Idris I said heyyyy" Megan replies while sticking her tongue out.

I laugh. "You annoying, but I'll see y'all later"

"Bye BB" they respond in unison. I wave bye and head out of the restaurant. Once in my car I head to my godfathers house which is about 15 minutes away. Arriving to his house I pull into the driveway and head to the door. Before I could even knock the door is being swung open.

"Bumblebee" he exclaims while wrapping me up in a big hug

"Hi uncle Idris" I say while laughing.

"I've missed you bumblebee" he replies letting me go. "Come on inside"

We walk inside the house, I head to the living room where I put my purse down then take a seat on the sofa. My uncle comes from the kitchen with a drink in his hand. Knowing him I already know it's D'usse and pineapple juice. That was him and my dads favorite drink ever.

"So how have things been bumblebee?" He questions while taking a seat.

"Things are going great. School is good, my classes aren't giving me too much trouble"

"That's good. You know if you need anything, you don't hesitate to call me"

"I know, your the first person I'll call" I laugh.

"Well I'm glad to know that" he chuckles. "I'm actually glad you stopped by because I was going to call you later to talk about something" his demeanor becomes serious.

"About what?" I question.

He sighs before continuing. "I don't know how, but your mother has been calling asking about you"

I swear I felt my whole world stop. I nor has my uncle spoken to or seen my mother in 10 years, why the fuck is she calling him? I couldn't help the rage I felt throughout my body just thinking about her.

"Why is she calling you? How the fuck did she even get your number?" I angrily spit out.

My uncle gets up from his seat to sit next to me. "Bumblebee I need you to calm down" he softly says seeing that I am getting worked up.

"I just don't understand why now, I haven't heard from her in ten years and now she just wants to pop up" I couldn't help but tear up out of anger.

He pulls me in a hug which leads to me full out crying. While comforting me I try to calm down.

"I know how you feel Bey, you know I do. I didn't give her any information about you when she called, just let her know you were doing good" I wipe my face and pull from the hug. "It's your decision if you want to speak to her or not, and I will one hundred percent support any decision you make"

I sigh. "I know. I definitely will have to think about it."

To lighten the mood he switches the conversation. I spend about a hour at his place before going home to get ready for tonight. After the info I just got on my mom I will definitely will be needing those drinks. Upon arriving home I immediately head to the shower. While showering I can't help but think of my mom.

She left me and my dad when I was nine and never looked back. No text, call, visit or anything from her. When I was little I used to blame myself for her leaving, but my dad always reassured me that she left for her own selfish reasons and I had nothing to do with it. It was hard going through my peak years of life without my mother. I had my grandmother on my dads side until she passed away when I was sixteen. Imagine dealing with your period, boys, and etc. without your mom. This is also one of the main reasons me and my dad were so close. Because she wasn't around I talked to my dad about everything.

When my dad passed away there was a little tiny piece inside of me that hoped, just maybe she would show up for his funeral and at least try to repair our relationship. When she didn't show up that made my resentment for her grow even more.

I wonder if she remarried? Had more kids? And so much more. But I won't find out anytime soon because mentally and emotionally I'm not ready to confront her. So she'll just have to wait.

Once I'm done showering I head to my closet to pick out an outfit. Hopefully tonight will help me take my mind off things.