Break the Silence

Neel:

I decided to not go further without knowing the truth. I got up but Aadya held my hand.

"What stopped you, Neel?"

I didn't speak and kissed on her neck and then breasts continuing it. I couldn't do it heartfully because I was upset seeing those scars on her body. What if there's any wound unhealed? Is her body aching? Is she stressed mentally and physically?

I kissed her everywhere and looked at her.

"Do you have any pain?" I said.

Aadya shook her head in no. I slowly entered her being as gentle as possible. I wish it won't hurt her. I looked at her.

"Let me know if it hurts," I said.

"I love you," Aadya said, looking at my eyes with tears. I am sure those tears are not due to pain but there's something else. After the consummation of the marriage, Aadya changed a lot. She became a typical traditional wife who does every little thing for her husband. She arranged everything for me on time and kept breakfast ready by the time I complete my shower. I don’t know why but I felt uncomfortable.

Why should she do my every work? Arranging clothes, switching on the geaser, giving me night tracks, every little thing. I can manage those things. I didn't marry her as I need one extra personal maid.

This is not Aadya. She is different. But why did she change? Maybe for the promise she gave to my mom? Or because she loves me? Does she love me? No, I don't think she loves me. Is she scared of me because of my behavior? I can't ask her directly because I told her that this is what I expect from her. Now I can't say that this is not what I want from her.

I remembered that I should apply for her certificate. I gave a white paper to her.

"Sign on this," I said.

"What? It's a plain paper," Aadya said.

"Do you think I am blind? I told you to sign on it. Do it faster," I said.

"How can I sign on a plain paper?"

"Are you saying no now?" I shouted at her.

"Neel, no one should sign on a plain paper," Aadya said.

I went near to her. She didn't look at me.

"Look at me," I said and she looked at me with fear.

"I am your husband. You are here to do what I say. Sign on it now or do you wanna sign on the divorce papers?" I said and tears appeared in her eyes.

"I will sign on it," Aadya said and signed on a plain paper. Does she trust me? Does she love me? Is she going to do anything to be my wife?

I took the paper and applied for her certificate. I submitted it in the University. I came to my office but remembered Aadya. Is she good and true? Then why did she leave me? If she is not good, why would my mom choose her as my wife? I don't think she will ever disclose her past to me. I should find other way. I called to one of the famous detective agency and ordered them to find Aadya's details.

When I returned to home, I saw Aadya and Ani watching the TV. I went and sat on the sofa. Aadya switched off the TV. I started talking to Ani about her study and to join her in the college. Ani told to ask Aadya as her suggestion is final. I looked at Aadya.

"It's upto you. I know you will decide what's good for her," Aadya said and I thought of provoking her saying that she doesn't know anything about study. So she would argue letting me know atleast a few details about her.

"I don't have much knowledge about this education," Aadya said and Ani coughed as if she was shocked with her words. Aadya signaled Ani and she composed herself.

"I will bring something for you both to eat," Aadya said but I stopped her. I signaled her to come to our room. She followed me to the room. I slowly went to her and pinned her to the wall.

"Tell me what are you hiding from me?"

"Neel," Aadya said slowly.

"Aadya, what should I do to make you reveal everything to me?"

"I tried many ways. Nothing worked. So you tell me what should I do."

Aadya didn't speak and stared at me silently. I touched her belly and she pouted. I kissed on her neck.

"Ne..el," Aadya said in a low voice.

"What?" I said.

"I should go. Ani is waiting," Aadya said and I smiled at her.

"Are you going to spend time only with your sister? What about me?"

Aadya looked at me surprised.

"Ok, you can go for now. Tomorrow we are going on a date," I said and she nodded.

While she is leaving, I remembered something and held her wrist. Then I pulled her to me. She kept her hands on my shoulder not to lose the balance to stand and looked at me.

"This is for you," I said giving her a ring.

"But I have already told...." I stopped her words by putting my finger on her lips.

"Wear it for me, please," I said staring at her and she didn't speak further. She slid the ring to her finger. I kissed her hand. Aadya went off from the room.

I got fresh up and went down as both Aadya and Ani are in the living room. These days I ordered my men to stay outside the house as I want Aadya and Ani to be comfortable.

"Sister, what did you plan for tomorrow?" Ani said.

"What are you talking about?" Aadya said.

"Tomorrow is your mom's death anniversary. So, are you going to the old aged home and did you plan food donation programme?"

"Ani, please talk slowly. Neel may hear all this. See I have already told you not to talk about anything related to my personal life anymore. Tomorrow Neel wants me to go out with him and now I can't say about this that may upset him."

"But this is not wrong and moreover it's a ritual which should be performed by you as a daughter."

"Please leave about it," Aadya said with tears in her eyes.

Why does she want to hide every small thing from me? Does she think I don't deserve to share her issues or I don't understand these things? Asking her about this is of no use. She would never say anything.

I went there and sat on the sofa beside Aadya. They stopped their talk.

"Ask maid to bring a coffee for me," I said.

Aadya nodded but she brought the coffee by herself. I took the coffee and started drinking but my thoughts were around Aadhya.

Next day, Aadhya got ready to accompany me for the date. I took her to a river. She looked at me confused but seeing her mom's photo there and the priest, her eyes formed tears immediately. Through Ani, I got the photo. I completed the ritual and then we went to an old aged home. Aadhya served the food to the people there. After completing everything, we returned home. As soon as we reached the room, Aadhya hugged me.

"Thank you so much," Aadhya said and I broke the hug.

"Aadhya, if you open up before me, you will be this happy everyday. Hiding everything from me doesn't give happiness to either of us. I hope you will understand this soon," I said.

"Aadhya, break the silence. Tell me the truth. Can't you see my pain behind my anger and mistrust?" I said, shaking her but asusual she stayed silent.

Hi friends, How is the episode? Do you think Aadya reveals the truth?