Cop and Criminal

Neel:

In the afternoon, I went to a hotel for a meeting. I saw Aadya there. What is she doing here? Doesn't she go to office? I saw a guy with her and can't see his face. Later on, he turned this side and I recognized him as Karan.

Why is Karan here? I remembered Aadya telling a lot about Karan during her training. He is her batch mate and a close friend to her. I remembered scolding her once as she continuously talked about him with me for a long time. I felt insecure when Aadya praised Karan for several things. Now why is he here again? I observed for sometime and then, I understood that Aadya came there with her other friends and it's Karan's birthday.

Karan kept his hand over Aadya's shoulder and I clenched my fist. Karan hugged all his friends and was about to hug Aadya. A possessive husband woke up in me and I went to them directly without thinking much.

"Aadya," I said and they looked at me.

"Wow Karan, nice to see you here," I said, moving Aadya aside and hugging Karan.

"Hi bro, how are you?" Karan said, as Aadya introduced him to me previously.

"I am good. How are you? It's a pleasant surprise to see you here," I said.

"I am tranferred to this place, bro. Today Aadya planned all this as it's my birthday," Karan said.

"Great. Happy birthday, Karan," I said.

"Can I join with you?" I said.

"No. I mean everyone are from the department here," Aadya said.

"Madam, all the tables are booked by Neel sir. When you asked us to book a table, we agreed as Neel sir said it's his party," the manager said.

"I think I can join now," I said and Aadya was irritated.

Aadya understood that I didn't book tables earlier but managed the hotel staff just now.

I joined them and they started the celebration. Karan cut the cake and fed Aadya. I know that they are friends but still my heart felt insecure. I wish Karan is not the reason behind Aadya leaving me. No, I am thinking in a wrong way. Aadya never loves anyone except me. She loves only me. I shouldn't suspect her character or love. That spoils everything and this time Aadya will get hurt more which can never be healed. I should stay calm and trust her. I should find out the reason but shouldn't hurt her.

After the celebration, I went back to my meeting. As my head started aching, I went directly to my home. I took the medicine and slept on the bed. Aadya came home in the evening. I didn’t talk to her as I am unwell.

"I want to talk to you," Aadya said.

"We will talk tomorrow. Have your dinner and sleep," I said, rubbing my forehead.

"No, I want to talk right now," Aadya said firmly.

"I said we will talk tomorrow," I said again.

"Stop ordering, Neel. You will never change. I don't need your permission to talk.

Why did you ask your men to follow me? How did you come to the same hotel? Are you spying on me, Neel? You still have no trust in me or my character," Aadya shouted at me.

I got up from the bed and went near to her. Aadya gulped and her forehead has sweatbeads seeing me close to her.

"Aadya, I agree that I don’t change and I will never change. But remember one thing. I am not the same Neel who is a terror to people. I am behaving just as a husband and that's why you are working as a Police Officer and talking this way to me. If I behave like Neel, you would have never dared to utter a word before me," I said.

Aadya looked at me with fear. Her broad eyes made me glance at her forgetting to blink. Such a beautiful dark, broad and sharp eyes. Aadya can mesmerize me just with her one look. I encircled my hand around her waist and pulled her near to me.

"My dear love, I am not spying at you. I ordered my men to follow you for your safety as I don't trust the security provided by the government to you. I came to that hotel for a meeting and saw you there. Yes, I joined with you in the party because I am possessive for my wife. And there's nothing wrong in that. If you can be possessive when I talked about second marriage and returned to me immediately, then I too can be possessive for you.

But I am not overpossessive. And I don't have any doubts in your character. I know about my wife completely. Even if you say that you don't love me, still I know that you love only me. And I belong only to you, baby," I said.

Aadya looked at me calmly. But again I saw an unknown pain in her eyes. Why? What's making her sad? I tugged her hairs behind her ears and gazed her with admiration.

"Baby, why are you staying away from me? What made you avoid me? Definitely, I am not going to repeat my mistake of doubting your love for me. I am pretty sure that you love me more than yourself and the reason behind your rudeness might be something that too related with me or my happiness. Otherwise, you would never hurt me. After knowing the sacrifice you made for me in the past, how can I trust that your love faded and you hate me?"

"I really don't love you. It's better for you to get that into your mind faster," Aadya said and tried to get out of my hold. I smiled and pulled her to me by holding her wrist.

"Until I am alive, I would never leave this hand," I said, kissing her hand. Aadya closed her eyes.

"It's better for you to tell me the truth behind you pretending this way as soon as possible. Or if I find out the truth....." I said and paused for a while to see her reaction. I can clearly sense her tension in her face.

"If I find out the truth, I will kiss you so deeply where you melt completely and asks me never to leave you in life," I said, winking at her. Whatever may be the reason, I will not be angry with her. I know how much she faced just to save me from my father. I thought of keeping her happy throughout her life but suddenly she left me. I should solve this soon and make her life a blessed one. I can’t see this pain in her eyes anymore. It's hurting me a lot.

"A cop and a criminal can never fit together as a couple."

"Opposites always attract," I said.

"Neel, please leave this crime. Only then I will be your wife," Aadya said.

"You know well that I can’t do that," I said.

"Then I too can’t be your wife," Aadya said.

"You are still my wife, Aadya," I said with a smile, by touching her chin and making her look at me.

"What if I divorce you?" Aadya said.

Hi friends, how is this episode? Why is Aadya so determined to leave Neel? Is Karan behind this or is he going to help them to reconcile?