Her goal separates you both

Neel:

I reached the home and went for a shower. I checked the phone and saw the message from Jessie. I felt happy as I spent sometime with Jessie today. But I noticed that this whatsapp message was already read. I looked at Aadya who was in deep thinking. I understood that Aadya saw the message.

"Aadya, did you check my phone?" I said, hiding my smile. I don't know why I felt it funny instead of being angry with her for checking my phone. Aadya is slowly becoming possessive and insecure these days.  I think that is because of my pretention before knowing her past. Anyways, I should clear her insecurities soon before she hurts herself.

"No, I didn't check. I mean the message...No I don't know," Aadya said. I went to Aadya and cupped her face.

"It's okay. Relax, Aadya."

"Your phone vibrated and then, I saw the message," Aadya said.

"That message is from Jessie, my best friend. I told you about her once. She is just my friend. It's her birthday and I gave her a surprise. After a long time, I spent time with her. I know you may not feel good hearing this but I can assure you that Jessie is a good friend. You no need to be insecure about me. Definitely I will not cheat you," I said, kissing her hand.

"Can I meet Jessie once?"

"Sure, even I thought of introducing Jessie to you. Actually Jessie wanted you to meet her on her birthday itself but as I don't know how will you take it, I said no to her. Now as you are ready to meet her, I will ask to come to our home tomorrow," I said and Aadya nodded.

Next day, Jessie visited us and Aadya and Jessie talked for a while. I went to drop Jessie at her home as Jessie told that she wants to talk to me.

"Neel, I have talked to Aadya. She is so sweet yet stubborn. She can do anything for you and her principles. She is a girl of values and ethics," Jessie said.

"Absolutely! That's why I love her," I said.

Jessie chuckled and offered a drink to me. I took it and looked at her in a questioning way.

"I don't like your decision of making Aadya, a police officer," Jessie said.

"And I don't care what you think of my decision," I said firmly.

"Neel, try to understand the reason. If Aadya becomes a police officer, you both can never be a happy couple. Aadya already faced a lot in her life and now she needs and deserves only peace. But I am sure her goal separates you both."

"Stop it, Jessie. We will never get separated. I know how much Aadya loves me and nothing can separate us. Why do you think her goal separates us?"

"Because she will be a police officer and you are a criminal. Until now, you are able to shut the mouths of every officer by hook or crook but in the case of Aadya, it's impossible. Aadya stands for justice and she would never support you if she comes to know about your criminal activities. Either change your ways or let Aadya be just your wife."

"Jessie, you already know that I can't change," I said.

"I am really worried for you both, Neel. Anyways just remember one thing. Aadya sacrificed everything for you. Don't let her go. And don't let her shed tears anymore," Jessie said and I nodded.

I returned to home and saw Aadya studying. I stared at her for sometime remembering Jessie's words.

"Do you need anything?" Aadya said.

"I want to talk to you," I said. Aadya came to me and sat beside me.

"Aadya, what if I ask you to choose between me and your goal?" I said, gulping.

Aadya looked at me and turned her head away from me. I know tears were in her eyes. Again she looked at me.

"I can give up on anything for you, Neel. I already gave up on my dream. As you agreed and insisted, I resumed my preparation. If you don't like it, I will stop it. Donate these books to anyone in need," Aadya said, with a smile.

How could she say that so easily? It's her goal and she studied tolerating many insults. No matter what, Aadya should reach her goal.

"I will bring coffee for you," Aadya said and was about to go but I stopped her.

"I just asked to know how important I am to you. I didn’t mean you to quit the study. Prepare well, Aadya. You should become the Police Officer. You should help many people who couldn't get justice and are facing hell in this society. You should become their hope.

No one should see girl as a possession and as if she is there to give him pleasure. You should make this society realize the power of a woman. You should reach your goal," I said, taking a strong decision to help Aadya in every way to make her reach her goal. Aadya hugged me with tears. I caressed her hairs.

I know what Jessie said is right but I don’t want to stop Aadya. I couldn't sleep that night thinking about the consequences of my decision. I looked at Aadya who slept peacefully assuming that she got the best husband. But what if she comes to know my other side? Will she forgives me or leaves me? Can she understand the situations that turned me into a criminal? Or will she start hating me? I can't tolerate her hatred.

I bent towards her and kissed on her forehead.

"I love you, Aadya. I don’t want you to quit your dreams. I accept even if you arrest me after becoming the police officer but as my wife, I want you to understand me. I wish your profession doesn't create gap between us but what if you choose to leave knowing that I am a criminal and the ruler of this crime world? I closed my eyes to stop being emotional thinking the consequences.

Hi friends, how is the episode? Do you people understand the concept of this story? Let's see what her profession do to them personally. In life, few choices are difficult but choosing the right choice shouldn't be an option, but should be our unwavering character. Let me know your views on the episode and on the concept. Thank you.