[EPILOGUE] ₐ ₗᵢₜₜₗₑ ₒᵣdₑᵣ ₒf yₒᵤ

It was to no one's surprise when the young couple were met with termination emails from 7-eleven.

To y/n l/n,

We write to you today to inform you that as of the arrival of this digital message, your contract with the 7-eleven franchise has been terminated. We thank you for your time with us, however due to complaints from previous employees, customer neglect and an unexcused one week leave, we have decided to let you go.

We wish you the best of luck with future endeavours.

This was only the beginning of their new life together.

Laying in the comfort of his mattress, back in his Houston home, she couldn't help but let out a sweet chuckle reading the letter.

"Nicholas, look." Y/n turned her phone, letting him squint his eyes and read the email out loud.

"It was about time."

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" She playfully hit his shoulder.

"Worst employee of the year award goes too..." He patted his hands on his lap, imitating the classic drumroll, "This dumbass over here."

Nick wrapped his arm around her, rustling her hair messily. The two erupted into soft laughters.

"I guess you aren't wrong... I hated that place anyways."

"So, what do you intend to do now? Or is that too early to ask?"

Y/n crash landed against his chest, laying in his warm embrace. "Gonna be real with you, I have no idea."

"Wanna move in with me?"

"What?"

"I'm not kidding." He chuckled awkwardly

"...What?" It was all happening so fast.

"Stay here until you get settled... or maybe stay here forever?" He said with the dumbest yet most hopeful smile on his face.

"Huh?"

He groaned, "Come on, say something."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes bozo, I'm sure."

She decided to leave him in suspense for a bit, "Hm, I'm not quite sure after spending a whole week in a vegas hotel room with you. You snore when you sleep, did you know that? You're also quite a cuddler."

In response, he squeezed her just a bit tighter, "And you're a dick." He said with a smile across his face.

"Of course I'll move in... bozo." She laced her hands in his hair, planting light kisses all over his face.

"Your aim is shit." He muttered, taking the initiative and kissing her passionately, the both of them holding uncontrollable smiles against one another.

That was only 4 years ago.

Nick made a full career out of being a variety streamer, moving on from Minecraft centric content to other games such as Valorant, CS:GO, and occasionally a high-stakes tournament of chess. It goes beyond enough to keep paying his bills for him.

Y/n however strayed away from the path of retail to the path of restaurant work after finding a newfound respect for the all-American diner she fell in love in back at Abilene. She maintains a simplistic life as a waitress. Her favourite part would be the customers, learning all their stories with fascination, creating connections and becoming a friend to all.

The best part was the way Nick would occasionally surprise her on duty, newspaper up covering his face until she'd approach him wearing her retro futuristic uniform and frilly apron.