◘ Someone Like You 🎶 - Oikawa x Reader ◘

A/N: This one is slight angst because it's about oikawa leaving us. I will do angst now, but only if it's with a song. Hope you enjoy.

"Y/N, I'm sorry, I don't think this is going to work out." Your  ex boyfriend Oikawa said, walking away from you, in your last year of high school.

5 years later you found yourself scrolling on Instagram, and you came across one post. Oikawa and his now pregnant wife.

I heard you've settled down. That you found a girl and your married now. 

You remembered how he always wanted to start a family. He loved kids.

I heard that your dreams came true. Guess she gave you things I didn't give to you.

But you noticed something. His smile was slightly faltered. It wasn't like the ones he would give you.

Old friend why are you so shy? Ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light.

You looked at the actual post and saw that it was a baby shower. Picking up your bag, you went to the store to buy a gift, and headed out.

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited but I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.

Once you got to the baby shower, you went through the back gate, which was open to guests. You saw him, and his wife, talking to another couple. Carefully, you placed the gift onto the table and stood by it, in the shadows.

I had hoped you'd see my face, and that you'd be reminded that for me, it isn't over.

5 minutes..

10 minutes..

20 minutes..

After waiting almost half an hour, you decided that all hope was gone, and left.

Nevermind I'll find, someone like you. I wish nothing but the best, for you, too. 

Walking out the door quickly, you started to break down.

"Don't forget me" I beg, I remember you said. "Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead."

"Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead."

2 years later...

Oikawa was devastated. His wife had left him after only 3 years. She took his daughter with her too. He was looking through a bunch of stuff he did, and came across some letters from the baby shower.

This one looks...unopened... He thought. It was a f/c envelop with little hearts and a "Congratulations" on the front.

Curious, he opened it.

Tooru,
       Hehe, look at you. All married, and with a child. I know I turned up uninvited but, I had to see you. I had to see if I still had a chance. You were busy though. You had a life. And I was selfish to try and take it away from you. But, I'll try and find, someone like you. I wish nothing but the best, for you, too. Don't forget me. I'm begging you. I remember you said something like, "Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead." Anyway, I should probably stop writing before I confess my feelings all over again. You remember that don't you? Well, goodbye Tooru. I hope you have a happy life.

                                                     ~Y/N

Oikawa's eyes widened. Y/N came to the baby shower, and he was too busy to notice. Rereading the letter over and over again, he felt a tear run down his cheeks.

"Y/N..." 

"Anyway, I should probably stop writing before I confess my feelings all over again. You remember that don't you?"

Oikawa laughed slightly. "Of course I remember Y/N."

~Flashback - 7 years ago~ (This is third person POV so it's not "you" its "she")

"Hey Crappykawa?" Iwa tried to lighten the mood. Matsukawa and Hanamaki chucked a bit through tears.

"Yeah Iwa?"

"You played well. It was the damn best game I've ever seen you play." 

"Thanks."

Oikawa ate silently with the rest of his team. He saw a girl walk in.

"Hey..." She said softly. The team looked up.

"Oh, hi Y/N." They mumbled.

"You guys...you played amazing today. I guess it just, couldn't have been helped. But I want you to know that each and every one of you were amazing. The way you played, it took my breath away." She smiled weakly.

"Y/N..." The boys started crying more. The girl panicked.

"AA THEY'RE CRYING EVEN MORE WHAT DID I DO?!?!" 

"Y/N, you're the best." Oikawa, your long time crush, said. Y/N blushed.

When the meal was over, you cornered Oikawa.

"Y/N?"

"Look, I'm going to say it. You don't have to say anything, I just need to get this off my chest. I like you. Not how the others do. I like you for your personality, even though you can be annoying. I like how you can bring out the best in your team. I like how you can lift their spirits even when the mood is down. I like you...so much." And she ran off.

"Y/N wait!" The setter grabbed your arm.

"Come on, let's go get some coffee."

~Flashback Ends~

"Y/N, I miss you..." Oikawa cried with his face in his arms. "I made a mistake leaving you."

"Why did I ever leave such an amazing woman?"

A/N: Not gonna lie I cried a little while writing this. Fun fact, my moms uncle Dan Wilson - who also sang "Closing Time" - helped write this song. Weow!

Coming up:
Hinata Drabble - Monologue because I'm in theater class B)
Vice Captains Part Two (Request) - Sugawara x Reader
Onigiri Date (Request) - Osamu x Reader
Receiving Practice Part Two (Request)