◘ Shoulder - Sakusa x Reader (drumline au)◘

IM BACK!!!

"alright battery, if your drum is packed, get onto the perc bus!" our instructor yelled out. i made sure my snare made it safely into the trailer before making my way over to the bus.

since i helped things get loaded in, i was one of the last, meaning my friends were probably already sitting together. as expected, there was only one seat left, next to sakusa kiyoomi, the tenor captain.

although we were both seniors who had been in battery all four years, i never really had any one on one time with him. it was always small waves in the hallway, or laughing along with whatever komori, his cousin and fellow snare would say.

"hey sakusa, could i sit here? i was the last person loading things in, so the bus is pretty much full.." i asked, standing in the walkway awkwardly. he didn't respond verbally, but patted the seat next to him. "oh thanks!"

the bus driver talked through the emergency exits and rules, while i set my uniform bag and my personal bag down by my feet. we weren't allowed to eat, since battery was already in uniform, so i grabbed my earbuds and plugged them into my phone.

"y/niee, sakusaa!" komori turned behind before the bus began to move. "do you remember our freshman indoor perc season when we watched that wgi group? and y/n was super down bad for the tenor with the orange glasses?"

my face went pink as i remembered the moment. "hey! what about it komori? he's probably like 27 or something now!" i pouted, hearing sakusa sigh from beside me.

"i got these for you and sakusa! sakusa because he's a tenor and you because... you're a huge simp." he tossed us two pairs of glasses and turned back around as the bus began to move. i rolled my eyes and put them on, my vision becoming tinted orange. sakusa hesitated before letting them sit on his head, not wanting them fully on. i pull out my phone and go into the camera app.

"here, for the perc insta." i laugh, holding the camera up. sakusa gives the camera a blank stare as i take the picture.

we began the drive to state championships, the bus rather loud (although it would never be as loud as the brass bus). i had one earbud in my right ear while scrolling through instagram.

"wanna listen? don't worry, its sanitized." i hold out the left earbud for sakusa to take. he gives me a look before taking it, and putting it in his ear.

"thanks." he mumbled, pulling down his mask to take a sip of water. i hummed in response and sat in silence as i listened to the music.

the bus drive was long, and i felt my eyes beginning to droop. i yawned and began to shut my eyes, being careful that i didnt fall out of the seat. before i drifted off, i felt a tap on my shoulder. looking to the right, i see sakusa looking out the window

"you can rest on my shoulder, if you want." he muttered, the visible parts of his face behind the mask going pink. i smiled softly and my head fell onto his shoulder.

"thank you, sakusa.." my hand wrapped around his arm as i fell into a deep sleep.

END

bonus!

"hey y/n, on measure 35 did we change it to- oh.." komori turned around only to see y/ns head resting on sakusas shoulder, and even sakusas head on top of hers. he smirked to himself and turned back around.

WORD COUNT: 584