cotton candy ; choi beomgyu

━━━━°⌜ 연애 ⌟°━━━━

where you meet each other again after years in the same spot

━━━━°⌜연애 ⌟°━━━━

- 2007 -

it was a normal day for those who visited the amusement park. well, for almost all.

this 7-year-old girl definitely isn't having fun. she had lost her parents in the crowd. now, she's all alone.

spotting a bench not too far away, she dragged her feet towards it and sat. she remained there, still spewing out tears. why people just look and ignore her, we don't know. maybe humans are really that horrible.

not for a certain kid though.

"are you okay?" a little boy's voice resonated in her ears.

looking through her tears, the girl spotted a boy in front of her. he looked like her age.

"why are you crying?" he asked again, taking a seat beside her.

"i-i lost my p-parents. i-i don't k-know where they a-are.." the girl responded, still sniffling from crying.

suddenly, she felt the boy's hands on her face, wiping away her tears.

"stop crying. they'll come back for sure. big girls don't cry. are you a big girl?"

the young girl hastily nodded her head.

"then don't cry. oh, wait here." the boy told her, running off to somewhere afterwards.

the girl patiently waited for the boy to return, her hands wiping away the tears that stubbornly escaped her eyes.

"here. have this." the girl looked up and saw the boy handing her cotton candy. accepting the 'gift', the girl asked,

"what is this for?"

"to make you smile." he said, smiling, "why? do you not like it?"

"no. i like it. thank you..." she shyly replied, eating a piece of cotton candy afterwards. with every bite, her mood became brighter.

"i'm beomgyu, what's your name?" the boy introduced himself.

"i'm y/n." the girl said, already smiling, "beomgyu-ah, promise me that this isn't the last time we'll see each other?" y/n said, holding out her pinky finger.