right or wrong ; kang taehyun

━━━━°⌜ 연애 ⌟°━━━━

was loving him the right decision?

━━━━°⌜ 연애 ⌟°━━━━

march 24, xxxx, ;12:15 a.m.

kang taehyun is late again. it's been happening frequently these days. what started as an once-a-month thing became once a week which is now every single day of the week. 

what hurts more is that it was their fifth anniversary yesterday. he hasn't greeted y/n since yesterday. no hug, no kiss, no gift, not even a single "happy anniversary love". five years, but were all of those five years filled with love? the first few years, sure, they were filled with love and care. but..

"what happened?" y/n asked him, hearing the front door close a few seconds ago. she caught his eyes, not a single emotion reflected in them. apathy maybe?

"what do you mean 'what happened'? i was just caught up with work like usual." he answered, his feet shuffling to go to the spare bedroom right away. as usual.

"no." she shot up from the couch "i mean, what happened to us? what happened to this relationship? if you can still call it that." 

"get your mind out of the gutter y/n. i'm not having this conversation right now" taehyun answered, disinterest laced in his voice.

"and i'm not putting up with this bullshit anymore taehyun! you think i don't know what you're doing during late nights like these? do you think i don't know about your hookups at bars? huh? what do you think of me, stupid?"

"YOU'RE GETTING BORING THAT'S WHAT'S HAPPENING! IF YOU KNEW WHAT WAS HAPPENING, WHY DIDN'T YOU DO ANYTHING TO STOP IT? I DON'T KNOW, MAYBE CHANGE YOURSELF?"

"CHANGE MYSELF? WHY IS IT ALWAYS ME WHO NEEDS TO CHANGE? I'VE BEEN CHANGING FOR YOU, WHY DON'T YOU CHANGE YOURSELF FOR ME HUH?"

"what do you mean you changed yourself for me? i never asked yourself to change??!"

"oh yeah? then what were the comments about losing weight or changing my appearance to look prettier?"

"i never-"

"YES YOU DID. EVERY SINGLE DAY."

only then did taehyun take in her appearance. the soft pale light from the living room lamp showed her bony structure. her collarbones were defined, too defined. her cheekbones as well. her legs were mere twigs and her wrist looked closed to snapping off. her skin was pale. it was always pale but now it looks scary. and her lips, oh my god were her lips chapped.

"have you been starving yourself y/n?" taehyun asked softly, guilt now rising up his body.

"i don't know taehyun. have i? do i look pretty now?"

"you didn't have to do tha-"

"YES I DID OTHERWISE YOU WOULDN'T HAVE LOVED ME." the girl snapped, tears already falling down her cheeks like waterfalls "THANKS TO YOU, EVRYTHING IN MY FUCKING BODY IS AN INSECURITY. MY CHEEKS? TOO CHUBBY. MY EYES? TOO MEAN. MY BODY? TOO FAT. MY PERSONALITY? TOO MUCH."

the girl was shouting at him every single thing he said to her. he deserved it, he knew that. he was in the wrong, he knew that. yet he couldn't find it in himself to speak.

"i can't." y/n's voice came out as hoarse now after all the shouting "i'm ending this now."

the boys eyes shot up quickly "what?"

"we're done taehyun. i don't want to do this anymore." she repeated, her voice serious.

"you can't!" taehyun shrieked, reaching out to grab the girl. she quickly dodged, however.

"i can and i am. i want to love myself taehyun. it got too exhausting loving you."

"then give me a second chance! i'll help you love yourself again." taehyun pleaded. the girl chuckled, oh the irony.

"no taehyun. i would have loved myself if i didn't love you." were her final words before she walked out of the house.

- e n d -

⁀➷

don't mind me, i'm just practicing writing angst :DD ; also sorry for ghosting yall T_T