drunk, dazed ; kai kamal huening

━━━━°⌜ 연애 ⌟°━━━━

where y/n drunkenly confesses to her childhood friend, kai

━━━━°⌜ 연애 ⌟°━━━━

- y/n p.o.v -

you know that phase we all had in highschool where we had crushes but we kept our feelings hidden?

yeah, i went through that too.

and it just so happened to be with huening kai. my best friend.

and can someone tell me why the feelings are still here?

my thoughts were suddenly interrupted with a notification ping from my phone. i checked to see what it was.

> ning ning ! <

> y/n!

> wanna go out and drink?

> college is high key stressing me out :(

read !!

sure! <

pick me up in 5? <

> got it!

> see you later~

- a/n p.o.v -

- a few drinks later -

to be blunt, y/n was very VERY drunk. her face was red and sweaty and she clinged onto huening kai.

as her best friend, kai knew of her habits when she was drunk. however, he can't help but to get flustered every time y/n clings to his arm or when she shoos away girls that come up to him.

he doesn't want to get his hopes up but it makes him think that y/n has feelings for him too.

they were on their way back to the dorms. kai was carrying y/n on his back since the girl couldn't walk straight. y/n' head was on kai's shoulder, her breath shooting straight to his neck which tickled him a bit. the boy spotted a bench not to far away.

"y/n-ah, let's rest at that bench for a bit." he told her. y/n just nodded her head in response.

as they reach the bench, kai sat the girl down before taking the space beside her. a comfortable silence took over them until y/n spoke.

"huening-ah, did you know?" she turned to kai. it's still evident in her voice that she's hung over. kai chuckled a bit before answering.

"know what?"

she cupped kai's cheeks, making him face her. then she said,

"i love you."

kai's eyes widened at the girl's confession. his heart was beating fast in his chest but he decided to ignore it.

'she doesn't mean it that way..'

'right?'

"i love you too, best friend." kai responded.

"ani~" the girl shook her head, as she rejected her best friend's response. "i love you, since highschool kai! you were just too blind to see it!" y/n removed her hands from kai's cheeks, crossing them over her chest instead, sulking.

but not for long.

kai swiftly turned y/n's face by the chin, placing a quick peck on her lips. the peck sobered up the girl quick, making her aware of what just happened.

"i love you too y/n. since highschool too. i guess that makes us both blind."

- e n d -

⁀➷

late happy birthday to huening kai! <333