night changes ; park sunghoon

━━━━°⌜ 연애 ⌟°━━━━

you told him to get taller when you were kids. well, he did. now what?

━━━━°⌜ 연애 ⌟°━━━━

- flashback -

the eight year olds were having their playtime over at sunghoon's house and they were playing their favorite; prince and princess. y/n wore a nice pink dress with a handmade paper crown on her head, courtesy of her mom. she really did look like a princess. well, at least in young sunghoon's eyes.

"ah! prince hoon! please save me from this monster!" young y/n giggled as the monster, sunghoon's dad, started tickling her.

"don't worry! i'll save you princess y/n!" the boy said, pulling out his toy sword, "get off the princess beast!"

his father 'fainted' on the floor after taking some hits from sunghoon's sword. the two kids hugged each other, as if they really went through a war. soon, the two took a break from playing, seated on sunghoon's bed.

"i want to make this real, you and me.." sunghoon pouted.

y/n looked at her friend, faintly smiling. the feeling was mutual, but-

"when we're older hoonie.." she poked his cheeks, "and..."

"and?" the young boy repeated, eager to find out what he needs to do to make his wish real.

"and if you grow taller than me, shortie!" y/n chuckled as she eyed the small boy beside her. she doubted he will actually grow taller than her.

well, they were only kids at that time after all. and things change over time.

just look at them now.

- present -

the two friends, now about to enter their first year of college, were up in y/n's attic. her mom had asked her to sort out her old things, see what to keep and what to give away. she called sunghoon over, wanting some company while doing the task.

"almost done! just one more box to go through!" y/n happily exclaimed.

"great! you better not make me late to my training!" sunghoon playfully scolded.

"yeah, yeah. chill out ice prince!"

'prince'

sunghoon's mind went to their 'prince & princess' playing when they were younger. specifically, to what y/n said about 'growing taller'.

he was about to speak up about it but a puff of dust hit him first.

y/n pulled out the first thing she got a hold of. coincidentally, what she pulled out was the pink dress she always wore when playing princess.

"i remember this! i used to wear this in our playtimes when we were kids!" y/n happily said, memories replaying in her mind, "ah, fun times.."

sunghoon took this as a sign.

"yeah. hey, do you remember what my wish was when we were younger?" sunghoon asked.

"hmm.." y/n tapped her finger on her chin, replaying their memories, "ah! you wished that you wanted you and me to be real, like a prince and princess!" she said, not noticing what she just said.

"yeah, and what did you say?" sunghoon asked again.

"i said we could be when we were older.." y/n replied, her face slowly turning red as the words sunk into her head.

"and?"

"a-and if you grew taller than me.."

sunghoon chuckled at his friend's flustered state.

"well.. wanna see how that worked out?" sunghoon asked, his hand extended forward to assist y/n in standing up.

oh, if you could only see their height difference.

y/n didn't even notice how tall sunghoon actually was until now. her height couldn't compare with his, even if she wore heels. her eyes only went up to his lips, her shoulders inches below sunghoon's, and just overall smaller than him.

"so, want to make my wish come true, my princess?" her 'friend' asked her, eyes fixated on hers.

"i'm not one to break promises, aren't i?" y/n asked to which the boy nodded in agreement.

"then yes!"

- e n d -

⁀➷