twelve | the beast within

The Next Morning

The Next Morning

Riyaz woke up with a pounding head. He opened his eyes squinting to adjust to the bright sunlight. His right hand went up to his head as he sat up on his bed. As he turned to his left to pour a glass of water for himself, the door of his room opened, revealing a worried RoshAn. Roshni had a tray of breakfast in her hands, while Aman had a very ancient looking pile of books in his hands. As they came in and sat on the bed, Riyaz gave them a warm smile.

Roshni ruffled Riyaz's hair and smiled at him with a smile that made you feel home, which filled you with the warm and fuzzy feeling of belongingness. Aman was about to say something when Riyaz winced. His mark burnt again, he showed Aman and Roshni the mark who looked at him in horror. That was when they decided to tell him the truth.

Aman said,"Riyaz tumhe yeh toh pata hee hoga ki mai Jinnat ka Badshah hu, aur tum mere pehle bete ho isiliye tumhare 18 saal pure hone ke din thik baara baje tum-" (English: Riyaz you know that I am the Ruler of Djinns, and you are my first son that's why after you complete 18 years that day at 12 in the night you-) He stopped and lowered his head so Roshni continued,"Uss raat 12 baje tumhara pehla Sifrat transformation hoga." (English: That night 12 o clock will be your first Sifrat transformation.)

Riyaz was confused, so he asked,"Sifrat transformation matlab?" (English: Sifrat transformation means?) Aman handed him a book which Riyaz flipped a few pages to see a page about Siftrat Transformations. He saw detailed illustrations and paragraphs explaining the changes that would happen to him. His irises would glow blue, nails would grow long enough to tear flesh, his feet would enlarge. These were just the physical changes which didn't bother him, what bothered him that he would have no control on his actions whatsoever, and he was a potential threat to his family, as he could hurt them.

He chuckled nervously and said,"This isn't true is it?" Roshni and Aman looked at him silently. Their silence screamed the answer, which was to Riyaz's dismay, that it was true. He started pulling on the roots of his hair as he said in denial,"It can't be! Im not a monster like this says. I'm not a beast I don't want to hurt anyone! I don't want to become a monster. I'm not a threat! I'm not!" Aman pulled him in a hug as Riyaz still mumbled incoherently. Roshni put her hand on her mouth and went out of the room not being able to see her son in that state.

Riyaz came out of the hug and said,"Mom is scared that I'll hurt her, right? I promise I won't. Please tell her to come back. I would never hurt her, you or Ari ever. I would never hurt anyone. Please tell her! Please!" Aman shook his head negatively and said,"She isn't scared of you. She is scared for you. She was there in one of my transformations, she saw how hard it is. She is terrified that the same thing will happen to you."

Riyaz asked Aman,"You had them too?" Aman nodded his head and said,"Yes. My father had traded with Kala Jinn that he would hand his firstborn to him in exchange of never-ending wealth and power. He had handed me over. Kala Jinn had almost turned me into a Kala Jinn when I was saved that's why I transformed but you will transform because you are my first male descendant and I am the Ruler of Djinns."

Riyaz asked,"Will it be painful?" Aman nodded. Riyaz was never the type to get afraid of pain, he was raised to take up on all challenges life gave him, but this was just out of his tolerance. He couldn't bear the idea of him being a potential threat to his family and hurting them was his worst nightmare. Even if it wasn't in his control.

The beast within him honestly terrified him. From what he had seen in the illustrations and what Aman had told him, the concealed beast in him scared Roshni, which meant it was something very horrifying. Because his mother was the strongest woman he knew, and what had her so shaken up was even worse than his worst nightmare.

He had still come in terms with the fact that he couldn't hurt his family because like Aman they would tie him with thick chains so his movements would be restricted. But how was he supposed to tell Anushka? She just knew that he had Baazigar who would turn into a wand for magic, and that he was passed down from his ancestors. She didn't know he was a djinn, on top of that a beast. Anushka didn't deserve a beast. She deserved a boy who would treat her like his queen, who would give her the world, as she deserved. Not a beast who would hurt her angelic self. She didn't have to deal with this.

But how was he supposed to tell her that he was who he was? That she deserved someone better. He wanted to tell her everything because she deserved to know. She deserved nothing but the truth, their relationship was based on mutual trust and faith. She had to be told the truth, even if that meant he wouldn't be able to call her his.

But a selfish part of him didn't want to tell her. It wanted to keep her, even when she deserved so much more. When he would tell her she would be scared of him, hell, she might even breakup with him. Breakup was still bearable if he increased his strength a hundred times, but seeing the fear of him in her eyes was out of Riyaz's tolerance.

He was enslaved to the beast within him, and his life was in the beast's shackles, and the worst part, he could do nothing about it.

//

That is it for the chapter! I hope you liked it! Rinushka has a rough patch ahead and Riyaz, he has a tough lifetime. But I can't do anything with magic comes pain I guess. The story may seem a bit Rinushka centric right now but trust me all the other characters will also be of importance in further chapters. So yeah be patient!

Also I finished The Folk of the Air Series by Holly Black and I will 100% recommend. Jude and Cardan are literally my comfort ship from now on. And the new Duplicity update is 3 AM today and I am gonna stay awake till that reading ACOTAR by Sarah J. Maas. What a life lol! I started Vampire Diaries too and I'm on Season 4 and so far so good! Plus my 20th grade result is on this 25th. Too many things going on rn! Anyways I'll stop now.

Vote and Comment.

Stay tuned for the next chapter! Now Bye!