twenty-one | two can play the game

[a/n: listen to cruel summer by taylor swift, to set a better mood :)))) also not proofread so ignore mistakes!!!!]

Jaijeet's Pov

"Uth Na! Jai! Wake Up!" Someone said. Scratch that, not someone, Sidd Bhai said. "He's not waking up, what do I do?" He asks someone. When I'm about to open my eyes, someone splashes a whole glass of water on me. What?

Jaijeet's Pov Ends

Siddharth's Pov

"What?" Jai says, as Nakchadi throws a whole glass of water on him. "Why did you throw a glass of water on him?" I said. "You sprinkle water when someone doesn't wake up right?" Nachkadi said. "You sprinkle the water, you don't throw a glass full of water on the poor person." "I just quickened the process. When you sprinkle water on the person, they flutter they're eyes, stretch a little slowly open their eyes and then get up. This way they jump awake. See." She points at Jai who looks like someone stole his black coffee.

"You weren't waking up so we-" I was saying when Nakchadi interrupted me. "We dumped-" I glare at her. "I dumped a glass of water on you."

Siddharth's Pov Ends

Jaijeet's Pov

Sidd Bhai and Avneet Di launch into another argument when I was searching for Reem. She was standing in the corner of the room silently. Her and silent were two words that should never be in the same sentence. Apparently Bhai and Di were so involved in their argument that they didn't even notice when I got up and left to go to Reem who locked eyes with me instantly.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked her. "Like what?" She asks as she's genuinely confused.

"Like you care about me."
"I care about you."
"You never show that."
"There are things beyond what you can see. But you wouldn't understand because you're an idiot."
"Hey that was rude."
"Life is rude. What will you do about it?"

Jaijeet's Pov Ends

Outsider Pov

"Okay shut up you guys!" Vaishnavi said coming inside the room, annoyed by SidNeet and JaiReem's banter. All of them were quick to actually be quiet now.

"Finger on your lips." She said further. Avneet and JaiReem quietly obeyed while Siddharth still looked at her questioningly. She glared at him and he followed suit. "Now that I can finally talk, let's come to the topic. I have an engagement at six so I'll be leaving in two hours and I'm going to get ready. You have the house to you for some time and then Anu will come get you for whatever she help she needs to set up Riyaz's surprise. Understood?" Vaishnavi finished. All of them nodded they're heads together.

"Act civil and dont accidentally kill each other. Our parents will be coming to the party directly. Okay?" She asked again. "We'll be fine, Di." Avneet said in a sheepish tone. "As much as I don't want to trust you I'm going to. Please don't accidentally set the house on fire." "We're not kids, Di." " To me you'll always be babies." "Go get ready aren't you late?" "Yes I'm leaving."