nineteen | a brighter future

(a/n: listen to the song above.)

Siddharth glanced over the blue mist which had vanished and signalled to Avneet started to withdraw her power from the shield, which slowly thinned

Siddharth glanced over the blue mist which had vanished and signalled to Avneet started to withdraw her power from the shield, which slowly thinned. He looked at her as the golden light melted into her skin, her lively glow returning. The shield was down within a few minutes, leaving behind an exhausted Avneet. She breathed heavily as she sat on the floor, her legs sprawled on the floor weakly. She was about to topple over when Siddharth caught her. Jaijeet soon took Siddharth's place as he went to Avneet.

Avneet's legs lay flat against the floor as Siddharth supported her torso. He supported her head with one hand as he sat her up, his knee supporting her back. Avneet slowly said,“Thanks for catching me SSO.” Siddharth replied,“You swore to try till you fall, and you did so it's my job to support when you do. I just held up my end of the bargain.” Avneet smiled as she said,“You'll never change.” He replied,“I won't.” The exhaustion started overpowering her as her eyelids started to flutter, threatening to close.

Siddharth said, his voice laced with caution,“Hey, keep talking to me. Don't close your eyes.” Anushka rushed towards them. She rubbed Avneet's palms which had slight burn marks. She said,“She is exhausted because of the magic I think. She'll need rest after this.” Siddharth asked, worry laced in his voice,“It isn't bad right?”

Avneet slowly said,“She's right, it's the exhaustion. I shouldn't have used the amount of magic I did. I took more than I should've. So balance must be regained. The magic is taking away my physical strength.” Siddharth asked,“If you knew you were taking away more than the limit, why did you do it?” Avneet slowly said, her words straining,“I don't break my promises.” Siddharth said,“Rest. I'll be there when you wake up, I promise.” Avneet closed her eyes, letting sleep take over.

Siddharth said to Anushka,“Princess, go help Reem, she looks like she's exhausted.” Anushka slowly nodded as she went to Reem. She supported her by her shoulders, steadying Reem. Reem muttered slowly,“Thank You.” “You don't have to thank me Re, what are friends for, if they can't help you when you need it.” Anushka looked at the clock, only a few minutes left for the transformation to finish. She looked at Riyaz who was returning to himself.

Riyaz's brows had relaxed, as his eyelids slowly drooped. She looked towards the huge windows to see the day's first sun rays starting to appear. She told Reem,“You can lift the shields now. It's over now. Your fight is over.” Reem slowing swirled her hands as her mist melted into her skin, the colour of her skin returning. Anushka held her as Reem slowly fell, her body giving up due to the exhaustion.

Jaijeet came to Anushka and said,“I've got her. You can go to Riyaz, and remove the chains maybe.” Anushka nodded and went to Riyaz. Jaijeet supported her head and torso with his knees and looked at her face. Her cheeks were rosy again, unlike her angel form. He'd decided to call that her angel form. Her hair fell on her face, covering it. He tucked it away, and went to looking at her again. When had the annoying girl become an angel, Jai never noticed.

As Anushka went to Abhishek, he left Riyaz's arm, which fell forward, the chains making a shrill noise. Vaishnavi slowly backed away from Riyaz. Anushka said,“It's over. I got it from here. You guys can go.” Abhishek asked,“You sure Princess?” Anushka said,“100% Bhai, I'll be home in sometime.” Abhishek said,“Don't be late. Also, call me when you leave.” Anushka nodded.

While Abhishek talked to Anushka, Vaishnavi went over to check on Avneet and Reem. She first went to Siddharth, who was still in the same position, and asked,“How long has she been out for?” Siddharth replied,“Around one hour.” Vaishnavi kissed Avneet's forehead and hugged her. Siddharth asked,“Does this happen often?” Vaishnavi said,“It's never happened. This is the first time. We never allow her to push beyond a limit but this time I didn't take care-” Siddharth said,“It's not your fault Vaishnavi. She'll be fine and you were doing your part of the plan. Sometimes things aren't in our control.” Vaishnavi nodded at that and asked,“Will you get her up till I go to Reem?, then we can take them both to Shergill Villa.” Siddharth replied,“Sure.”

Vaishnavi went to Jaijeet and asked,“How long has she been out for?” Jaijeet said,“Less than 30 minutes actually. She stopped a few minutes before it was over.” Vaishnavi said,“Both of them really did a lot today.” Jaijeet said,“They did. But it was necessary, and I think you did great too.” Vaishnavi said,“Is it that obvious?” Jaijeet whispered,“It is. You've got this look on your face, just like Abhi Bhai, when he feels guilty about something.” Vaishnavi asked,“I do?” Jaijeet said,“Yes. I think you both are quite similar. You could make great friends. I say give it a try.” Vaishnavi said,“I'll talk to him. And you know something?” Jaijeet asked,“What?” Vaishnavi said,“Reem would've done the same,” and walked away. Jaijeet scratched his neck as a silly smile appeared on his face as he got Reem up, her hand around his neck as he held her by the waist.

Vaishnavi walked up to Abhishek who had patiently waited for her to check up on her sisters and come back. She went to him and said,“What do you think about us?” Abhishek said, visible surprise on his face,“About us?” Vaishnavi replied,“Yes we should be more than Boss and PA don't you think?” Abhishek said, surprise still in voice,“I mean, we could be, if you'd like.”

Vaishnavi said, smiling,“I would love to be be friends with you.” If not for years of being stoic faced, Abhishek would've been very embarrassed of the reaction in his brain. He said, excellently masking his surprise,“Yes friends.” Vaishnavi asked,“So will you go out with me, as friends I mean?” Abhishek replied happily,“I'd love to.” Vaishnavi said excitedly,“Then I'll pick you up at six tomorrow?” Abhishek said,“Sure. I'll be ready.”

The fight had been tough, but it had laid foundations for a brighter future.

//

That's it for the chapter! I hope you liked it! Soft Sidneet, Jaireem and Abhinavi - today has been a treat! Also, the next few chapters may not have a lot of magical content, so an advanced apologies for that but I wouldn't be so sure! Also, I finished the first Percy Jackson Series just now and what can I say Percabeth Endgame! Now imma start The Lost Hero, because I can't stop. I am about to appear for CET because colleges won't give me goddamn preference even though I've given my 10th exams offline! I even have my result from bloody Cambridge! So yeah enough for my rant.

Vote and Comment.

Stay tuned for the next chapter! Now Bye!