thirteen | the little secret

(A/N: Play the RiNushka BG Song from where their part starts

(A/N: Play the RiNushka BG Song from where their part starts. It's Pal from Jalebi.)

Today, Riyaz was going to tell two of the three most important women of his life about his little secret. He liked to say it like that, it made it seem like it was just a minuscule thing, with negligible effects on his life. Just like a small, little, harmless action with a similar reaction. But the truth stated otherwise.

He was going to tell Arishfa first, because it would be easier than telling Anushka, in his head. He had called Arishfa in his room, who came within five minutes. Now she was sitting in front of him looking worriedly at the bandage on his head. Her expression was demanding an explanation and he was going to give one to her. But it was going to be far from her expectations, beyond her wildest dreams. But it was the truth. And he was going to tell her.

Arishfa asked him,"Bhai what happened to-" Riyaz said,"I fainted yesterday and hit my head on the cabinet. But there is something more I wanted to tell you. Please just listen to me once and then react. And promise me please that what I'm going to tell you will not change our bond. Promise me." Arishfa nodded with surety in her eyes.

Riyaz said,"Yesterday when I was talking to Anushka, a spot on my neck started burning so I went to the washroom. The burning worsened but it ended in the next two minutes, but my eyes glowed blue when it was burning, the glowing stopped with the burning, but when I saw on my neck there was this mark on it, like a tattoo." Arishfa asked nervously,"Is it to be worried about?" Riyaz nodded as he looked down.

Arishfa rubbed his arm and signalled him to continue. Riyaz said,"I am going to get my first Sifrat transformation at when the clock strikes 12, and when my birthday starts. My 18th birthday." Arishfa gasped and said,"Sifrat transformations? I've read about them. They're very painful to get through, the person unleashes extreme agression and violence with no control on their actions whatsoever, along with a few physical changes."

Riyaz said,"They'll tie me up, don't worry I won't hurt you." Arishfa said,"I'm not scared of you, I'm scared for you. Understand the difference. Even when the mind forgets, the heart always remembers. That is why someone who you love with every fibre of your being isn't scared of you. They know that your heart will always stop you from doing something you will later regret. There will always be a voice in the back of your head telling you what you'd want in your right mind. Always listen to it." Riyaz nodded, he could use all the support he got.

Arishfa asked him,"Have you told Anushka?" Riyaz said,"I'm going to tell her today. I've called her she'd be here any moment." That was when Anushka came in Riyaz's room saying,"Why'd you call me Khanb-" Then she saw Arishfa and said,"I'll be going to Roshni Aunty call me when you're done." Riyaz said,"We're done Ari was going anyway." Arishfa stood up ready to leave. Anushka stopped her and told Riyaz,"Just because I'm your girlfriend that doesn't mean you can't talk with your sister. She is your priority before me and I expect you to respect that. So you don't have to stop when I come, I can wait." Riyaz said,"Trust me, we're really done." Anushka looked at Arishfa who nodded with a smile.

This is what Arishfa adored about Anushka. Anushka always respected Riyaz's privacy and respected his family's importance and position in his life. She never tried to be a barrier between him and his family. She always kept reminding him that his family should always remain his priority. She really brought the unnoticeable but impactful part of him. Or rather brought out the best of him.

Arishfa left the room, closing the door behind her. Anushka looked at Riyaz who was showing all signs of nervousness. Before Anushka could reassure him to say what he wanted to he started talking. Riyaz said,"What I am about to tell you will have a big impact on us, but all I ask from you is that you listen to what I want to tell you completely and then react." Anushka knew it was something crucial and nodded in sincerity. She said,"Whatever you have to say, I assure you I will fully comprehend it and then react. Speak without hesitation. I will not judge you before understanding."

Riyaz got the confidence boost he desperately needed. Hence, he continued,"You know I have Baazigar, just like dad, who allows me to perform magic. But the reason why I have him isn't that it is a family heirloom, it is that I am a djinn." Anushka took the information quite well and told him to continue. He continued,"As the clock strikes twelve and I turn 18. I will have my first transformation. My first Sifrat transformation. I am of a Sifrat bloodline therefore it comes as I am 18. I will have physical changes yes, and I will lose control over my actions, inflicting destruction, like a beast."

Now was the part Riyaz was terrified of. Anushka's reaction. Fear, anger, shock, denial, sadness, disgust, disappointment, Riyaz had fried to prepare himself for everything, except Anushka's real reaction. She looked at him with love and support in her eyes. He scanned her eyes for the slightest of fear but none were found. Anushka never failed to surprise him. He had told her that he was going to turn into a literal beast and she looked at him like nothing changed. Like he was the same.

Riyaz said,"Yoh can breakup with me I understand. Who'd even want to be with me." Anushka said,"I'm not going to break up with you ever. Believe it or not, you're stuck with me now." Riyaz said,"You deserve a man who gives you the world, all the happiness you are worthy of, treat you like his queen and not a beast like me. I can do nothing but hurt you."

Anushka said,"I deserve you. You give me the world, you give me all the happiness I'm worthy of, you treat me like your queen. And you are not a beast. Everyone has a dark side. Yours is just a few shades darker." Riyaz said,"You're settling for less by being with me Nushki, you deserve better." Anushka said,"Believe me, I get much more than I had ever dreamt of with you. You are what I want. Everyone has their own flaws but those are what make them the person they are. And I love you for you, and I intend on doing that, till forever falls apart."

Riyaz hugged her tight. In the hug be poured all his emotions. They will get through this, somehow they always do. Anushka said,"You have me, always. Trust me on that." Riyaz nodded into the hug, still not intending to leave her. He held on to her as if she'd vanish into thin air if he'd let go. And he thought like that. Anushka pulled out of the hug, joining their foreheads. Anushka said,"I love you." Riyaz replied,"I love you too." Soon Anushka was leaving. She was determined to be strong for him, to give him every ounce of strength she could. She turned to leave after hugging him once. She bit her lip to suppress a sob.

And she'd bite it till it bled dry if that meant she could give a little strength to him.

//

That's it for the chapter! I hope you liked! This was an insight into Rinushka's relationship and Anushka with Khans overall. I want to give out an idea of their bond, which I will work on to develop as the story progress. But yes Arishfa and Anushka know now.

Also, I am really sorry for not updating yesterday it literally slipped my mind. I might've got my 10th result and trust me when I say I surpassed my expectations. I got 90% if you wanna know lmao. Also, I started ACOTAR some days ago (5 days) and I'm on A Court Of Silver Flames already. I 100% recommend it if you like character-driven books with smut. So yeah.

A bit of the other characters in the next chapter. Who do you think he/she/they will be? Tell me in the comments.

Vote and Comment.

Stay tuned for the next chapter! Now Bye!