fourteen | bound by the heart

The Next Day (5 Days to Riyaz's Birthday)

Arishfa was on her way to meet the Shergill Sisters, she could get some extra help for Riyaz after what digging she had done about Sifrat transformations. Not only were they difficult to get through, but also they made djinns vulnerable to any magical entity with equal or more power. Although Riyaz would extremely aggressive and violent but his powers would be dormant and because he was going to be chained he will not be able to defend himself. With Pisachini's descendant back in action, she needed all the support she could get.

She would pick up Anushka on her way to the Shergills' villa because this was something they couldn't discuss in a public place now with Pisachini's descendant roaming around freely. Arishfa and Anushka reached the Shergills' villa. The moment they entered VaishReemNeet knew that it was something very serious. They went to the villa's secret room where they usually discuss stuff involving magic.

The room had a protective charm which went up everytime someone was inside it. They had to keep the sage herb burning so no one could hear what they were talking about. Arishfa started talking,"So Bhai told me yesterday that he'll be getting his first Sifrat transformation when the clock strikes 12 on his 18th birthday. And I wanted to ask you if you'd be willing to help him a bit. I mean with the transformation." Anushka said,"How will they be able to help Riyaz? I mean do they have magic too?" VaishAriReemNeet realised Anushka didn't know that the Shergills sisters were blessed with the powers of Lord Shiva's three Maharatnas (Great Gems of Power).

VaishReemNeet decided to tell Anushka everything, because after all she deserved to know, she was their best friend and with Pisachini's descendant around she should be well aware of any danger she could be facing. So they told her everything, the three gems, their individual powers and any potential threats she should be informed about. And to their surprise Anushka had taken that all in really well.

Avneet asked Arishfa,"What is a Sifrat transformation?" Arishfa answered,"It when someone from the Sifrati Djinn bloodline transforms into the beast they are cursed with. Now why all the males have it in their blood is something from an ancient legend about the Original Sifrati Djinns, which we don't even have in our library but there is a mention of it having a written record. It is said that the manuscript was maybe destroyed, lost in time or never existed in the first place. So the only information we have on the transformations is the changes Bhai will be going through in the transformation."

Reem said,"Has Aman uncle had them too?" Arishfa answered,"Yes Dad also had them but his were because of a deal in which he was almost given up to Kala Jinn." Anushka noticed how Arishfa visibly tensed while answering Reem's question. Anushka side hugged Arishfa who visibly calmed down, her eyebrows relaxed as she squeezed into the hug. Anushka said,"Riyaz is going to make it through and we'll be there with him at every step. Then we can scold him on the emotional speeches his giving out, okay? He's just confused about what to feel about it, so he is just channeling all his emotion into one abundant one, fear. He'll be fine. He has to be." Anushka mostly whispered the last line to herself.

The Shergill Sisters looked at Arishfa and Anushka, they both wanted nothing but some help for Riyaz and they were going to get it. Vaishnavi asked Arishfa,"What help do you need?" Arishfa looked at her with hopeful eyes and said,"I know bhai will not intentionally harm any of us, but if he loses control since it's his first time and hurts us unintentionally he'll feel very guilty when the transformation is over. So is there something you can do by modifying his thoughts or something?" Vaishnavi said,"I can look at his thoughts and if he is thinking of attacking someone I can modify that thought."

Reem said,"But for that Di will have to touch Riyaz's forehead, how is that going to happen? Because I don't think-" Avneet said,"I can stabilise Di's hand and put a small shield in between them." Reem said,"Okay then I can put a cloud shield around the house so it's safe from the evil incarnate's eyes." Arishfa slightly giggled at the nickname Reem had given Pisachini's descendant. Anushka was happy that every thing fell into place and they finally had a plan of action. Arishfa and Anushka felt nothing but grateful towards the sisters. A warmth of comfort, of finally helping Riyaz filled them along with the heaviness of worry regarding the transformation slowly diffusing into confidence for the day.

Whereas the Shergill Sisters felt incredibly content from the feeling of belongingness blossoming inside them. Ensuring that they were finally worthy and they had finally found some purpose and found people who trusted them. That they'd finally made friends. Due to their gifts, the trio had a lot of difficulty finding companions in their lives. On top of that they were from a financially strong family, which served as a magnet for gold digger pals, which the trio didn't have a shortage of at any place other than home. If not for their incredibly strong mindsets shaped by the best parenting, the sisters might've become your worst nightmare trio along with a circle of snake in the early years of their education.

They'd finally found people who were bound by the heart.

//

That's it for the chapter hope you liked it! A little bit of insight on the Shergill Sisters and their part in the plan of action. The other characters will also soon make a reappearance. Although I want to tell you that the seniors may not have a major contribution or multiple appearances in the book, except for crucial situations. My main focus will remain on the juniors and their lives, whereas the seniors may appear occasionally.

Also, do tell me want you want glimpses of the junior Obros' pasts lives, in the comments.

Vote and Comment.

Stay tuned for the next chapter! Now Bye!