seventeen | till i fall

(a/n: listen to the song above while you read

(a/n: listen to the song above while you read. also, the chapter is in siddharth's pov. not proofread.)

Two hours before the transformation

I don't know what to expect now. Magic is very real and I am about to witness it. I've always believed in what doesn't have evidence doesn't exist. Today's the day my beliefs are proven false. I've never not known something and its scary. To not know what is going to happen. The uncertainty is eating me up from the inside. And the one time I don't know what is about to happen is the time princess might be in danger. It's terrifying not knowing what I'm up against and even if I will be able to protect or not. I've never felt so clueless and helpless. It's like watching the world collapse and just being able to watch it.

All the help we had was Vaishnavi, Avneet and Reem. Not knowing if they could handle it all and still relying on them completely was a deadly gamble, but the only option there was. The sisters were the most headfirst girls I'd met other than Princess. They were intelligent and trustworthy but trusting them with lives was a different ballgame.

I'd seen Avneet jump and put herself between the door and Vaishnavi and Bhai the day of the flight incident. She could've stood on her place, away from the door but she chose to shield them and risked getting crushed by the weight of the door. Honestly, for a minute my heart had skipped a beat in...fear for her. She was fierce, strong and loyal. She'd protect the ones she cared about with her life was what I saw that day. I want to trust her. I really want to. And I would. I would trust her today and would stand by her side if I had to.

The Shergills' and us reached Khan Villa. As soon as we entered, we saw huge, thick chains from the ceiling and floor. Princess went to Riyaz's room and Avneet and Reem worked one the shields. They held two of their hands while two of them were free. Reem gave a nod to Avneet who returned one then a golden light flowed from Avneet's palm while a white mist came from Reem's palm. Soon we were inside a dome of golden light and glowing mist. They left their hands. Avneet walked towards us, while Reem still stood away holding the dome shield up.

Princess returned with Riyaz and his parents. Riyaz gave the three of them and smile, a genuine one, and walked towards the chains in the centre of the room. Roshni Aunty and Aman Uncle bound him with chains as Princess stood there looking at him with teary eyes. I went to hug her but Lucky stopped me saying this was her battle to fight. Soon, Roshni Aunty and Aman Uncle stepped away, after Riyaz was in chains. He knelt as his ankles and wrists were restrained and there were chains around his neck and torso.

I looked at the clock to see there were only fifteen minutes to twelve. Fifteen minutes until it all starts. Princess went near Riyaz, knelt in front of him and hugged him and slowly said,“Remember I will never be afraid of you. Nothing will change you in my eyes, you will always be the same for me Khanbaba. Come back for me and the gift I'm going to give you. I love you.” Riyaz slowly said something but I could only hear a love you too.

Princess stepped away when there were five minutes to twelve. Vaishnavi went to Riyaz, as I looked at Bhai. His eyes went from Princess to Vaishnavi, staying on the latter as she stood in front of Riyaz. He looked almost scared, I'd never seen that look on his face. He kept looking at her as if muttering a silent prayer to protect her in his mind.

I didn't know why but I went to Avneet. I told her,“Promise me that you'll not let any harm come to anyone here.” She looked at me with sincerity in her eyes, a flame burning in them, and said,“I promise I'll try till I fall.” I just nodded as I said,“Thank you.” The two words had slipped from my mouth smooth as butter as she looked at me in surprise and smiled, as I realised I'd said thank you, the words I'd never said to anyone. She started to walk towards Vaishnavi and Riyaz, I didn't know what took over me as I said,“Take care.” She nodded as she said,“I will.” I watched her go as I turned my eyes to Jai who walked towards Reem sparing one last glance at Princess. He went and stood beside her as she looked at her in surprise.

I turned my vision to Avneet, Vaishnavi and Riyaz. Vaishnavi had placed her palm on Riyaz's forehead, her eyes closed. Avneet's golden light was a shield between Vaishnavi and Riyaz, only Vaishnavi's hand passing through it. I looked at Princess who was looked as she was using all of her self restraint to stand away from Riyaz. Her eyes didn't leave Riyaz as she looked at him reassuringly.

I looked at the clock, only one minute to twelve, and then at Riyaz, whose eyes glowed bright blue. His nails started grew into talons and his veins popped against his skin, as he started thrashing against his chains. Nothing could've prepared me for hearing the sound that came from him. His head tipped back, as he growled.

The sound wasn't of the boy he'd known, it was of the beast that was set free, a sound of otherworldly menace.

//

That's it for the chapter! I hope you liked it! The drama is in the next chapter, so buckle your seatbelts. The much requested Sidneet scene is finally here. It was't much but should work till the next chapter, because it is going to be a rollercoaster. Also, the motivation for this chapter is the happiness of Hone Laga Tumse Pyaar. It is an absolute banger, go stream it rn!

Also, the next update may come very early or very late idk I don't trust myself.

Vote and Comment.

Stay tuned for the next chapter! Now Bye!