Unawakened Devil

Another day, another problem to solve. Today they finished patching up L'manberg after a week of just plastering and reinforcing the once crumbled walls. While the work had made you feel like you had been gyming for days on end, with muscle pains, you had enjoyed the tedious roll of things.

It allowed your mind time to recollect your thoughts and it gave you lots of time for pranking the others, one of your favorite hobbies. So far you had started a water fight; put cyan dye into Tommy's toothpaste which made his teeth as blue as the sky ;made them breakfast one morning and told them to look out because you may have 'accidentally' broke a fingernail and it may have fell into their eggs (Fundy didn't eat that day).

Today was special. You had stolen Wilbur's beanie and was currently lining it with the remains of a slime you had killed. Their goo balls were extremely sticky. Good luck big bro. You snuck back into their shared tent where everyone slept.

Stepping over each person's body, your training paid off as you made no sound. You placed the beanie next to your older brother's peaceful being. You sat down covering your legs with your sleeping bag and turned to your left where Tommy lay ,stretched out in all inhumane angles while he slept.

How can any person sleep like that?
You chuckled to yourself.
Tommy's bluebell eyes were closed now but his blonde hair was curled in little perfect morning-hair mess. His braces were slightly visible as his mouth was somewhat open. A plaster now caressed the bridge of his nose. The boy was always too impulsive for his own good.

The curves of your mouth lifted into a small smile and you stroked your little brother's hair once without thinking. But as you did so a convulsion in you made you pull away.
Rule number 1. Never get closer than you need to. People are weaknesses. You scowled yourself for forgetting your training. You heard a shuffle and looked back to the blonde boy. He had a smile on his sleeping face. He must have felt your touch him.

A light sank through the slit of the tent, alerting you of dawn approaching. You crept out in order to greet the sun. You took off running. You ran past the entrance to your nation, out of its walls and down the forest path. You kicked up dirt as you ran on the path until finally you saw the bay. The only finished part was the path she had made that day with Eret.

The rest was still untouched. It was a work in progress. No bench lay on the shelf of the land yet, no watermelons grew in the greener sides, the flowers were not planted in arrays of colours and scents, no dock reached into the clear blue water. But it would all be done soon enough.

You thought back to the first day you had started to mould the paradise .That day with Dream. You shivered at the thought and touched your chin.

You walked over to the shelf that sliced into the ocean down below you. There you sat, admiring the sun's kiss on the waves below. You felt at peace here. You sat for the next hour feeling the minutes of time roll off your skin;Once the sun had fully showed its fiery face you rose and relaxed your body.

Your morning routine sank into place as Y/N unsheathed your blade AshMaker. You had done this every morning since you had left your father Philza, to join your brothers. You breathed in the cool air.
Ready?
Go!
You swung and stabbed at the air , imagining an enemy with their heart ripped from your blow. You lunged and ducked, parried and feinted, picking up speed as your body gave into the dance of violence you were so familiar with.

You became a blur of movements, graceful and deadly. The sword crossed over your shoulder, went from one hand to the other. You leaped and twisted in the air, slamming down into the ground. Your heart ran in sync with your blows.