Ghostbur

Hannah POV

"W-what? What... happened to you?"
I asked. The next page was blank. Y/N simply popped another grape.

"I had not stopped crying.
Dream had to help me wash off the blood on my hands.
I can still... I can still see that blood ... dripping off my fingers..."

Y/N started shaking again. This time she started to rock herself back and forth. I scrambled out of my chair and pulled an epipen out my pocket. I started running to the door to her cell.
"I- I'm fine!"
Y/N shouted out the intercom. I paused.
"Sorry."

"It's alright Y/N. Don't be sorry. I can see this is too sensitive."
Y/N stood up from her bed. My eyes never left hers.
"I.am.not.Weak."
She huffed out. My spine turned to jelly. There was something about Y/N when she was angry. One minute I felt for her. Now I feared for my life, and she was safely locked away.

"That night I convinced Dream that I could be alone. I could sleep in my own bed. He was skeptical but  he allowed me one night.
Even with no trace of his blood I still saw it on my hands.
I kept washing my hands. Washing and washing.
Eventually I somehow ended up in bed.

For hours I looked out that big window.
Watched as the sun set, watched as the stars started to wink at me. It felt like they were mocking me. My fate. Mocking my life.
The moon grinned at me. I ended up falling asleep in my tears.
Not for long though.

My mind kept flashing those images.
The rumbles...The sound of the sword being unsheathed...the silhouettes... my dad's brim hat... the glinting blade... the blood... his pale face...the blood.
I woke up crying and screaming."

I saw how Y/N pulled her knees to her chest. My heart pained for the girl. She was broken.
Not insane.
Just broken.
"I had to calm my breathing down and wipe my tears. "

"That's when I first saw him.
He was so so pale. Translucent.
I opened my mouth...
His eyes were just... just holes.
His sweater was torn and tattered slightly.
B-But he had a large slash through the middle... blue liquid dripping from the edges of the gash. His wound.
I screamed. I screamed so loudly my voice cracked soon after."

"Ghostbur... turned his black orbs to me... he started to cry the same blue liquid that was dripping from the wound...
"Why... why didn't you save me? WHY DIDN'T YOU SAVE ME!"
He wailed. His voice echoing into my skull. He soon started to scream at me.
I remember shaking with tears as I watched the demented face of my fallen brother.
"I'm so sorry Will! Please! I'm sorry!"
I shouted before he vanished."

Y/N took a moment to breathe. I wrote what she saw into the blank pages of her book.

Dream POV

"I want him dead."
"I'm sorry sire but that's not possible. He is in the security of L'manberg's president. There are also rumours that a new project called "The Butcher Army" has been made and authorised by the new president of L'manberg, Tubbo."

I played with a dagger as I sat in my throne.
"What of it?"
"It is... a cabinet apparently designed to...eliminate those responsible for the destruction of L'manberg."
I threw the dagger and it smashed into a portrait on the far end of the room with a satisfying crack.
I chuckled under my breath.
So this is what they want to do? Very well.

"Send word to our new ally."
I then turned to some guards.
"Gather as many soldiers as you can and tell the miners we have an immediate need for obsidian...stacks of it."
They hesitated for a little while.
"GO!"
I shouted and they scrambled away.

I slouched back down into my throne.
Holy hell.
"What have you on Technoblade?"
"The man has vanished however the Butcher Army have made him their first victim."
The general said stiffly.
"Organi-"
"AAAAAAAAAAA!"

I jumped to my feet.
Y/N. I went bolting down the hall.
Oh no no. No no no.
I shouldn't have left her but she seemed so deep in sleep when I did.
"Sire!"
I heard behind me but I didn't care.
Y/N.
If anything happened to her.
If she...
I couldn't bring myself to think about it. I didn't bother knocking and I practically fell into the room.

She was shaking back and forth, her tears were pooling into her lap. But she was alive.
"Hey! Hey..."
I pulled her to me. She latched onto me, still shaking.
"I'm here. It's okay... I've got you."
I whispered to her head.

"Never leave me."
She whispered between dragging breaths and coughs.
"Babybird I will always find you. In a hundred different lifetimes... I will never leave you."
I felt her nod into my chest.

I laughed.
"And besides... you couldn't lose me if you tried. I'm just too lovable."
She limply punched my shoulder and let out a half giggle half cry.
"Thank you Clay."
She said in her sweet voice.

Singing to my heartstrings. I picked her up and carried her bridal style into my room. I felt a little embarrassed but I shrugged it away. I laid her down and didn't let her go until she fell asleep.

Hannah POV

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. Then the next page I turned had her handwriting.
"Wha-"
I stuttered out. Y/N giggled.
"I didn't stop my journal overall. You didn't think that...did you?"

She saw my face and laughed.
"Awwww you did. How cute. Continue reading honey. And enjoy."
The winged girl said through the intercom, while she sat.

I walked around the room. Tied my hair up into a messy bun.
All so much.
So much information, so many things about her were finally revealed. Nihachu had left to get us lunch. It was just me and Y/N.
"You getting me something good for lunch?"
I heard the woman through the comms.
I glanced at her and smiled.

"Yeah actually. It's your two year anniversary in about a week. So... we thought we'd get you some cake, the bakery is closed on the day so we got it earlier."
I said and sat back down on my chair.
Y/N beamed.
"Really? Awwwww ladies you shouldn't have."
She eyed me down.
"It better be chocolate."
I nodded and she clapped.

A thought that crossed my mind often came once again. Perhaps if I had met Y/N before this. Before all this. Perhaps if her life had been different. Perhaps in another life, we could have been friends.

It hurt me to see that side of her. Constantly seeing her as a traitor, a psychopath would be better than this. Better than seeing the part of this woman that still was human.

The fun and cheerful side of the girl. She liked chocolate flavour the best. It hurt me because it just showed me how much a person can go through and how much they can break and still be human.
I sighed and started to read once again.

4K! 4K and 200 votes! Wowowowowow like guys thank you so much! I hope you all enjoy this chapter and this book! Shoutout to @mialubyy for the votes and to those who left comments! Thank you to my sister for the image of this chapter!! And as always, I will see you...IN THE NEXT CHAPTER! Phoenix out.🖤