02 | Blackout

Anastasija Martinez

I got up to my alarm walked downstairs to my kitchen and made myself a cup of coffee, I drank some of it before opening my fridge and grabbing an avocado with some toast, I mashed the avocado and added some honey before applying it to my toast.

I grabbed my plate and went upstairs, making my way into the bathroom I brushed my teeth and washed my face.

I got back out and had my breakfast. I gathered my dishes and headed to the kitchen again putting them into the dishwasher.

I put on some sweatpants and a tank top. I applied a bit of concealer along with mascara and lip gloss. I pulled my hair up in a ponytail keeping some strands of hair down to frame my face. I grabbed my books and put them in my backpack

I walked downstairs and out of the house before walking over to my car and getting in. 

I arrived at my new college, a new nightmare happening all over again. I got out and locked the car before walking in. This was just a mission yet it still feels like shit knowing I know no one here.

I found the office and had my schedule and locker number printed out, I made my way over to the locker and put in the books I wouldn't be needing.

I closed it and walked over to my first class. I didn't have to pay attention since I took all of this just a few years ago.

"You're late" my teacher outraged
"My bad" I apologised and found myself a seat.

About five minutes passed and nothing new had happened until I heard the door open and then slam shut, I looked up and it was a student, she had blonde hair, mostly an ombré with an amazing body, Goddamn.

"Maya you are late."
"Yup sorry" she responded while walking over to the seat next to me, she sat down and set her bag on the table, taking out a bag of chips.

I knew who this was, this was Rafael's little sister, yet there was no trace of Rafael

she sounded interesting, maybe making friends wasn't bad.
"Want some?" I heard her ask me as she handed out her bag of chips

"Thank you" I took two chips out and ate them as she spoke

"Maya Mancini, you?" she said before eating the last chop and throwing the bag out.

I turned back to her and said "Mariana Alvarez, nice to meet you"
"Nice to meet you too" she smiled before turning back to her friends. 

I took out a notebook and a pen, drawing a few stars with hearts around them.

"Hey you, pretty girl" I turned my face to find a brunette calling me
"Me?"
"Yeah you, come to our party tonight" a boy continued
"Oh my god, you totally should" Maya added.

"I'd love to" I smiled
"Bring over a case of beer will ya?" The boy's friend asked
"Will do" I beamed.

the bell rang and I packed my stuff then got up and pulled the bag onto my shoulder, making my way out.

I walked over to my locker and looked down at my phone when I noticed Maya airdropped me at the location, and then suddenly bumped into a hard body.