04 | Her past

Anastasija Martinez

"Uhh Mariana?" Maya asked confused
"You gave me your brother's shirt," I fumed as I walked into her closet
"I'm so sorry, I promise the tank tops are mine though," she laughed

I grabbed a blue tank top and pulled it on before walking back out into the room.

"What did he do?" Laughed Lillian
"He told me it was his and I took it off"
"I'm sorry" Maya apologised again
"Fuck you," I teased while pulling my jacket on "I have to go home" I added

"Oh come on, there's a pool party today," Kenzie declared
"I'll come, just send the location."

I blew the girls a kiss and made my way out. I ordered an Uber and went back to the house where the party was last night.

I took a glance of the house before making my way over to my parked car. I unlocked it and got in, making my way over home.

I dialled Aria's number, "Hey, can you come over?"
"Sure, just give me ten minutes" responded Aria before she hung up.

I got home and took a cold shower, and put on some Pyjamas.

I walked over to the kitchen and made two cups of hot chocolate. I set the cups down in the living room just in time.

Aria walked in and closed the door behind her, setting her bag down. Her arms swung open and she wrapped them around me.

"I miss him" My tears fell as I sobbed, letting what was drowned inside of me out.
"I'm sorry, Ana" she frowned as she sat me down, laying my head on her chest.

Aria was the only one I could talk to without feeling pity. She was my girl.

"I know no matter what I say, it's not gonna make up your loss." She murmured as she ran her fingers through my hair.

"He has the same eyes Aria," I looked up at her, her eyes slowly becoming bloodshot.
"Who does?" She asked,
"The guy Elijah sent me after, he has the same eyes," my voice cracked as I sobbed, sob after sob.

"Oh, Rafael." She squeezed me, kissing the top of my head "Did you go to the funeral?"

"I did, just for half of it." I sighed, wiping away my tears.

I handed Aria her cup of hot chocolate, taking a sip of mine.

"I can't imagine what your going through," she uttered, placing her hand on my back.
I placed my cup down "I don't think anyone will" I responded, cupping my face with my palms.

"And how's your new mission?" She asked.

"It sucks. Rafael's eyes are the exact same, it's like every time I look into them, I see him, I stutter, I want to hug him, but it's not him. His sister is amazing, she's inviting me to all these parties and is just being an amazing friend." I explained, "she even invited me to a pool party that's supposed to happen in a few hours."

Aria took a sip of her drink before speaking again "I know nothing will make you forget him, just focus on your job and enjoy your time with his sister, she sounds nice."

"I guess so," I jeered, laying back.
"Okay wipe those tears and let's go pick an outfit" shrieked Aria as she held my hand and pulled me up, dragging me over to my room.

She picked me out a white one-piece swimsuit, pairing it with a pair of white sneakers.

(Pictures posted on Instagram @stajiamartinez )

I pulled on an oversized shirt dress and sprayed some perfume, letting my air-dried hair down. We made our way down and made our goodbyes.

I hugged her tightly, and she hugged back just as tight. "Text me" she smiled as she blew me a kiss.

I walked out of the house a bit after her and got into my car, turning it on and making my way to the pool party.

I followed the location and arrived, it was a beautiful villa. I set the car in park and got out, handing the key to the valet before walking in.

The beautiful entrance led to the living room, which led to the huge backyard. "You're here!" Squealed Kenzie as she hugged me.

I hugged her back and walked along with her as she introduced me to some of her friends. After a few minutes, Maya grabbed my hand and walked me over to the two boys.

"Mariana, my second oldest brother Ryder, Ryder, my friend Mariana." She smiled as she introduced me.
He held his hand out for a handshake with a warm smile, I shook his hand and smiled back
"Mariana, my youngest Matteo, Matteo, my new friend Mariana,"
"I got that," he laughed before holding onto my palm, giving the back of my hand a soft kiss
"Pleasure to meet you gorgeous" he teased.

"Pleasures all mine" I beamed as he let go of my hand
"Too bad he's younger than you" Maya laughed, causing us all to laugh.

"Care to dance?" I turned to find Ryder with his hand out "Sure," I responded placing my hand on his.

His eyes glued to mine, we danced to the music and took whatever shots the waitress offered.  "How old are you?" He asked as he chugged a shot. 

"I'm 21" I lied, well Mariana is. "How about you?" I asked.
"I'm 25," he answered, asking more questions about me.

It was nice knowing new people, for now.
"Who's house is this?" I asked
"It's mine"
"I love it," I complimented, waiting to end the dance just to stick some microphones around the house.

I glanced over Ryder's shoulder to find Rafael, staring right at me and Ryder.

I took my dress shirt off, throwing it to the beach chairs as and grabbed onto Ryder's hand.

We walked over to the stairs and took steps leading to the pool.

"Alright then," he said, letting me lead the way.
I grabbed two bottles of beer, handing one to Ryder before popping mine open.

I made my way down the steps, getting inside the pool as the water reached up my waist. Keeping my hand with Ryder's.

I walked over to the edge and laid my back against it, still able to see Rafael in the corner of my eye.

I chugged down some beer before setting it on the deck, also resting my arms on it. I watched Ryder catch up with me and stand in front of me, leaning one of his hands on the edge of the deck. Still giving me a clear view of Rafael, his glance still at me and Ryder.

I lifted my head to meet his eyes, "And where's a pretty girl like you from?" He asked

Slowly moving my hand to his, I intertwined our fingers and I answered "I'm from Los Angeles"

My other hand grabbed the beer and took a sip of it "You?"

"I'm Italian, just raised here." He murmured, his eyes darting from my eyes to my lips. I put the beer down and traced my fingertips from his bicep to the back of his neck, running my fingers through his hair.

His eyes never leaving mine, he pulled himself closer before I left no distance between our lips.

this is my first story, my first slow burn, my I'm trying my best.

if you like it, don't forget to vote.