08 | idyllic

Anastasija Martinez

We arrived to my now new home for 3 months, I noticed Maya standing right in front of the door, waiting for me to arrive.

I could never understand how kind they're being to me, first at the parties and now letting me stay with them? I once remember Maya telling me she cherishes female friends like gold, since she doesn't have any sisters.

She squealed as Rafael parked, I turned to Rafael
"I'll be home with your furniture, for now just hang around the house." He stated, not taking a glance at me.

"Okay," I smiled as I got out of the car and closed the door, I looked over at Maya and smiled before running over to her, wrapping my arms around her.

She kissed the top of my head and I looked up at her, and she frowned at the look of my puffy eyes.

"Come on" she held my hand and walked me in, she walked me around the house, making sure I know every angle of it, except one room that was locked.

I chilled with Maya in her room for a while, it was now 10 PM and there was only one thing on my mind.

"Maya?"
"Yes?" She looked over at me through the mirror as she applied some moisturizer.

"I want to talk to Ryder, what happened between us just doesn't feel right." I sighed.

"Oh... I thought you guys were talking or something" She turned around.

"I liked him, but honestly I don't see anything actually happening between us."
I continued.

"His room is the one upstairs to your left, go and talk to him" she smiled.

"Are you sure?"
"I'm sure. You would make great friends." She reassured.

I pulled myself together and got out of bed. I went upstairs and stood in front of the door, taking a deep breath before knocking.

"Come in"  I heard Ryder say, I opened the door just enough so he could see me

"Can I come in?" I hesitated
"Of course, please do," he smiled, continuing as I got in "I'm sorry about the flood, it's inconvenient."

"It's fine," I shrugged as I sat on the edge of the bed, him on his gaming chair.

"So this is awkward but I honestly think it was a mistake. I don't see any of what we had going forward but I'd be really happy to be friends."

He nodded as I spoke. "I'm really glad you feel that way because I feel the same way, happy we're on the same page."

"Hug it out?" I giggled as I got up, and he got up as well and hugged me.

"Besties for life" he chuckled, messing my hair up playfully.

We went back to Maya's room and Matteo joined us as well. My new room was all set up by midnight, but I didn't notice as time flies when you're having fun.

Hanging out with the three of them was fun, I've never had siblings and this truly made me realize what having a family would be like. 

Maya gave me a pair of clothes to sleep in until I go shopping the next day.

It was now 3:08 AM, and we finished the 16th game of UNO, Matteo and Ryder both went upstairs to their rooms and I watched as Maya drift off to sleep.

I got up slowly and turned off the lights before closing the door. I walked over to my room and admired the beautiful furniture, to my surprise there weren't any cabinets, it was a full walk-in closet.

It was still empty, I walked around and smiled at just how beautiful it is, the vanity along with the bed and the mirrors I didn't even choose, Rafael added all of these things just to make it homier for me.

I changed into a pair of sweatpants and a tank top before walking over to the kitchen.

The balcony door was open, and it was Rafael. Sitting down on a bench as he smoked a blunt. I walked over to the balcony, leaning over the door "Hey, you" I said.

He didn't respond. I walked over to the bench and sat down. He moved the hand with the blunt in front of me, inviting me to take an inhale.

I held onto his wrist as I inhaled the blunt, he moved his hand away and set the blunt between my lips, lighting another one for himself.

I held the blunt between my index finger and thumb, pulling it away "Thank you for the room, Rafael. I honestly didn't need that much"

"Feel free to stay more than you need to, Alvarez"  he said before exhaling smoke.

I grabbed the almost empty bottle of vodka and chugged down the last of it. I set it down the remaining blunt in the ashtray and exhaled the rest as I looked over at Rafael.

His eyes were on the mountain view then he looked at me. His eyes had a glisten I'd never seen before. Only this time, a scar went down his cheek with dried blood around it. There was just a few inches between us, and he didn't bother moving.

I moved just a bit further away from him but I was stopped by a grip on my knee, he pulled me closer and pulled my leg to lay over his. He exhaled the smoke onto the skin of my neck planting a kiss on my bare neck.

"Thank you for coming, Maya has really been happy since you've came around." He whispered as his lips became inches away from mine, his eyes darting from my lips to my eyes.

I nodded and moved my hand into his pocket, grabbed his dragger, and placed it on his neck digging it into his skin lightly. "Hands, Mancini." I purred.

He smirked while pulling out a gun from his back pocket, his hand now holding the gun to my waist, the cold metal against my skin.

"Do it," I mocked, stroking my lips over his before leaving no space in between.

His lips were now on mine while I stroked the dragger down to his collarbones.

His tongue went around my teeth then he pulled away, biting my bottom lip "Oh I will, trust me" he whispered before planting a kiss on my jawline.

He gripped the dragger and pulled it off his skin before he got up, pulling the gun back into his pocket along with the dragger.

"Night, Mancini." I teased as he walked away. A weird feeling remained in my stomach.

"Bitch" I mumbled, cussing him out.