03 | Latte

Rafael Mancini

"Hey, what's up?" I answered Kian
"The girls are drunk again, I need your help"
"I'm on the way" I chuckled as I hung up the phone and made my way over to them.

I walked into Kian's place only to find the place a disaster "God Kian, where are they?"

"Here," he replied as he walked me over to the living room.

Maya and her two best friends next to her, and one new girl. It was the same girl from the ball.

"Interesting" I muttered as Kian picked Maya over his shoulder, along with Lillian. I wrapped my arms around the new girls waist and pulled her up onto my shoulder, also pulling Kenzie up on my other shoulder.

I walked over to the car and laid them down. Kian got into the passenger seat while I got into the driver's seat and drove home.

We arrived home and laid the girls down on Maya's bed. I planted a kiss on Maya's cheek.
"Can I do that too?" Kian pledged.

"At least do it when I'm not in front of you" I scolded as I looked back at Maya, and then back to the new girl next to her.

"Who's she?" I asked.
"Mariana Alvarez, she's Maya's new friend"
"Mhm," I nodded in response as I admired her black hair that was covering her face, her plump lips, and her sharp jawline.

"You can kiss her now," I said to Kian as I made my way out of the room and into my office, dialing Ryder's number
"Hello?" He answered
"Hey Ry, do you mind doing a background check on someone for me?"
"Yeah sure, what's the name?"
"Mariana Alvarez"
"Just give me an hour" he reassured me.

"Thanks," I responded before ending the call.

It was already midnight and I wasn't sleepy. I stayed up documenting some paperwork while I waited for the background check.

Mariana Alvarez is a transfer student from LA. Her parents are Susie Miller and Jack Alvarez, they haven't spoken to her in a few years though. She's 21 years old.

I shut my laptop and made my way over to my room, I took a shower then laid in bed and scrolled through my phone.

It still made no sense why she would be invited to the ball. The background check is bullshit.

I woke up early to go take a look over the college. I have to go there and make sure everything is going smoothly.

I arrived home to find Maya and her friends getting into her car, obviously too hungover to go to school.

"Get me a latte on the way, will you?" I asked
"One latte, got it. How about Kian?"
I looked over to find Mariana sitting next to her, her hair up in a bun, Maya must've given her clothes because there's no way she would've taken my t-shirt from my closet.

"He wants an iced macchiato" I answered after glancing at Mariana.

"Will do," she responded before she waved goodbye and backed out of the driveway.

I got in and changed into a pair of black shorts. I went over to the gym and the punching bag, wrapping the bandage over my hand before pulling the gloves on.

An hour passed and I decided to stop, I took the gloves off and started undoing the bandage when I heard the door knock then open softly, it was that same girl, Mariana.

She slightly smiled and placed the latte down on the nearest table, quickly turning her back to leave.

"Wait," I stopped her. I watched her take a deep breath then turn around to face me.

I walked over to her, watching her walk backward until she hit the wall. I stood in front of her, caging her close enough that her floral scent hit me.

"Who gave you this?" I asked as I gripped the side of my shirt.

"I-It's Mayas." She stuttered, her tawny eyes meeting mine.

"Take my shirt off." I demanded, looking down at the shirt and then back at her.

"How come?" She pledged, confused. Her palms resting on the wall as I spoke.

"It's mine," I insisted, keeping a smug look on my face. Her eyes flicked with anger then she took the shirt off and grabbed one of the towels on the table, wrapping it around her black laced bra.

"Good, because I never liked it anyways" she teased as she pulled me away, throwing the shirt at me.

I grinned watching her walk back into Maya's room, this time in a towel.

I pulled the shirt on and grabbed the latte, making my way over to the shower.

"RAFAEL! IM GONNA TAKE THE SHIRT BACK" ranted Maya as I walked past her room

if you like it, don't forget to vote.