〖 Chapter 3. 〗

✧⋆——————✩——————⋆✧

Third P.O.V.

The argument ended with a final result:

Zenitsu and Inosuke would stay at the bunker to take care of Conny and Jonathan.

Both Conny and Jonathan bonded well together and so it wasn't much of an issue.

"What did you hear from the two children again Tanjiro-san?" Y/n questioned while following Tanjiro.

"They both told me the same story, that they were orphans since they were born, that they had to take tests every day, that they played outside in the afternoons and that they weren't allowed to be near the wall because it was dangerous."

"Hmm, that's nice."

"What are we actually going to do Y/n-san?" Tanjiro questioned the girl.

"We're going to investigate the area if we are here because of a tree. Then it must mean there is something similar like that to get back." The dual hair colored girl responded.

"That sounds... logical!" Tanjiro mumbled.

'Y/n-san is so smart!' The burgundy hair colored boy thought.

"Do you remember the scent of the tree?"

Tanjiro thought for a while before finally remembering the scent.

"Yeah! I do! Follow me!" He exclaimed as he began to run with Y/n following him.

Hours passed and they finally arrived at a big tree with an unusual amount of familiar purple flowers.

Wisteria.

"How is this the only tree with wisteria?" Tanjiro questioned Y/n.

"I don't know... This must be the tree to get back to our home... But how come that there wasn't a single other wisteria tree..."

Both Y/n and Tanjiro were confused and decided to try and remember the place so they were able to go back to their home.

"Should we go back now?" Tanjiro asked.

"No... Wait." Y/n grabbed her little notebook and wrote something on a piece of paper and threw it towards the wisteria tree.

Tanjiro widened his eyes as he saw a small opening appear where the paper went through.

"It's confirmed, this is our way back home," Y/n said.

Tanjiro hesitantly looked at the tree but decided to agree with Y/n.

"Also, we should try and look for more of those 'orphanages' because I think in an area like this there are more than 2."

"Alright! Let's do it!" Tanjiro exclaimed as he began to follow Y/n.

✧⋆——————✩——————⋆✧

A few hours had passed and they had found three children near the wall discussing some escape plan.

Y/n and Tanjiro hid inside a tree and listened to their conversation.

Well, it was mainly Tanjiro who was listening to their conversation because Y/n got distracted by some butterflies.

Y/n wasn't as concentrated as Tanjiro, but still managed to hear a few sentences.

One particular sentence stopped Y/n from getting distracted and she actually began to listen.

"Because of Emma." A male voice said, making Y/n curious to find out who this Emma is.

"And how I do anything to always put a smile on her face." The white boy continued, making the black haired boy annoyed.