〖 Chapter 18. 〗

✧⋆——————✩——————⋆✧

Third P.O.V.

"Y/n, I want you to meet Kanao." Kanae had brought a girl with black hair and purple eyes to meet Y/n.

Y/n didn't speak, Kanao didn't speak.

It was all a dead silence.

Kanae began to sweat drop nervously as she saw how neither of them said any word.

The six year old and thirteen year old were staring at each other. Just staring.

"Hi..." Kanao was the first one that began the talk while Y/n was still observing.

"Hi... Do you want to play with me?" Y/n replied with a little shy smile.

"Come on, you can play with her, alright?" Kanae whispered softly and gave Kanao a reassuring smile.

"U-uh..." Kanao didn't know what to do so she stood up and left the room.

"Huh?" Y/n lowered her head in disappointment as slowly her tears began to well up.

"See, I told you it wouldn't work..." Shinobu was watching her sister comforting the little girl and walked in.

"That's mean Shinobu-chan..."

"Anyways, I told you giving up her (Kanao) for adoption was much easier but you really had to keep her, huh?"

"Yeah, I see some potential in her to become a demon slayer or maybe even my tsugoku... And maybe Y/n too if she's older! I mean she has watched me sparring with Sanemi-kun several times..." Kanae smiled as she thought back when Y/n tried picking up a sword and accidently falling on the ground.

"Besides, we can't just leave her for adoption while her brother is trying to earn money to give her a life... That's just a cruel thing to do!"

Shinobu quieted down as she heard that.

What would happen if she was separated from her sister? How would she feel?

✧⋆——————✩——————⋆✧

They were too late.

Y/n already had joined the battle and defeated the demon queen.

Snow was falling from the sky.

"Everyone! We need to get them out as fast as possible!" Mujika exclaimed, asking the demon villagers for help.

They helped the Hashira and demon slayers by carrying them near the wisteria where other heroes were waiting to eventually bring them to the human world.

"Mujika, are you going with us?" Izuku asked the demon girl as almost every human had gone through the portal.

"I'm staying here..." She replied. "I am a demon and I'm not supposed to go to the human world, remember?"

Izuku's face saddened as he heard that.

"We've been able to defeat the queen, bring peace to the demons and destroy the farms. All the bad demons are gone and there's finally a balance between demons and humans. I need to stay here and help everyone begin their new lives..."

Mujika smiled at the greenette and gave him a last hug.

"You're welcome to visit me whenever you want to, but for now it's better to go back to the human world and wait until everyone has recovered from their injuries, alright?"