Chapter Three: Are you kidding me?

That night, I dreamed of the day I died.

The dream sped forward right up to the point where I was looking at my sister's message on the side of the street..

'His name? It's [ ].'

I kept staring at my phone as I was pushed, trying to see the name. Slowly the name started focus letter by letter. 'It's Al-'. Just before I could completely see it, I abruptly woke up to the sound of beeping, my Alarm spell was going off.

"What the heck?" I grumble getting up to look outside my window. I looked down and saw the boy- Alaric tangled in vines.

I quickly rush over to the front door. "Release!" I yelled as I opened the door. The protection spell lowered Alaric down onto the ground as I checked to make sure he was not injured. "Are you alright? I'm sorry, I should of made sure that you could leave freely."

Alaric stands up and I turned him to make sure there were no cuts- luckily the vines did not have thorns.

"What were you doing?" I sigh at his lack of response, then notice a bucket laying on its side a short distance away. "Were you trying to draw some water from the well?" I asked, I usually used the well for the garden and animals since the house had running water.

He nods at my question as another sigh escapes me.

"Alaric, you don't need to draw water for the house." I say as I lead him back inside. "This is a faucet, it does the same thing as the bath tub, but this water is for cooking with and drinking."

Alaric nods again after I demonstrated it's use then blushes as his stomach rumbles with hunger.

"Let's get you some breakfast." I giggle and started the fire. I quickly fried some eggs and left over boars meat. "Here is some green tea to help wake you." I handed him a plate with the food and a mug.

I munched on an egg as I watched him eat. "Well, since you are going to be staying here: it looks like I need to make some rules."

Alaric looks up, his cheeks bulging with food.

"One- Breakfast is at 6, Lunch is at noon, Supper is at 7. Of course, times might vary but do make sure to remind me incase I am busy." I paused, waiting for him to nod. "Two- my study is off-limits unless I am in there with you and do make sure not to touch anything without permission. Many of the jars and books can be dangerous. Although you can read any of the other books outside."

"And finally." I paused again for effect. "If there is any reason that you need to leave the house at night or the grounds; make sure to let me know or leave a note on the table... Got it?"

"Yes Master." Alaric says after I was done.

"You don't have to call me Master, Alaric. Celestia or Tia is fine." I smiled as he nods again. "For now, go ahead and explore around the house and garden until I call you."

I head for my study and reach for my scrying ball. "Contact Quinn." The ball swirls with mist before a familiar face appears.

"Hello Master." Quinn lightly bows towards me. "What may I do for you."

Quinn is actually apart of the Arachne species although she is only half: the arachne characteristics could be seen through her translucent white skin and her four eyes across her forehead. She also has a second pair of arms which she could retract into her body.

"I need you to come over and take some measurements of a child for me."

"A child?" Quinn cocks her head to the side. "I do not remember you mentioning having a mate and being impregnated."