Chapter Sixty-nine: The battlefield part 2

Celestia

I stood at the edge of the wall, continuing to channel my magic as distant sounds of fighting reached my ears. I could see out of the corner of my eye that the battle was intensifying where Alaric and Kimbra were stationed and saw familiar black smoke waft into the air.

Luckily, the wind did not carry the smells of burned flesh and screams of the creatures who were unlucky enough to fall into the flames but I could still imagine it. I shivered at the thought and quickly altered my attention back to the task before me. 

Suddenly a small explosion appeared above the trees; the signal that I had given Quinn when phase one was complete.

I sighed as I halted my magic, breaking the connection with my spirit form and leaned against the wall as my legs shook from exhaustion. Unfortunately, I only had a few moments of rest when Quinn reappeared, covered in spatters of blood from the creatures she had fought: her eyes shining eerily as she laughed breathlessly.

"Are you well Master?" She asks once she calmed herself. 

"I'm fine." I stood up and smiled at her; offering my wrist to her as she kneels Quinn kneels, carefully biting it and drinking my blood for a moment while her body shivers with delight.  "You better get to your next position Quinn." I say, signaling to her that it was enough. 

She pulls away at my words, licking the last remaining drops from her lips with a sigh before standing up and bowing lightly.

"Stay safe Master." Quinn hands me some of her silk to wrap my palm before leaping towards the battlefield.

I did not watch her leave, trusting her to remember her tasks as I used a little bit of magic to summon some wind. The wind swirls around my hand, before taking the scent of blood and carrying it towards the enemy encampment.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Radna

'Damn these inferior beings!' I slammed my hand down on the table as I fumed over the report which had just been given to me a few moments ago.  'How dare they defy me!'

I wanted to race out there and destroy all of them, to see the fear and despair in their eyes as I annihilated those weak humans that attempted to resist-but it wasn't time yet. 

I glanced at my wounded wing which was healing at an extremely slow rate and sighed in irritation as I sat back down. There was no point in wasting my energy on these humans while I was still injured, I wanted to make sure that there would be no mistakes this time.

'But she certainly packs a punch.' I mused to myself as I remembered Celestia's pure despair over the delusion that I had shown her. I licked my lips and lightly trembled with excitement over the ideas that I was planning for her soon. 

*****

An unusual wind drifts into my tent, bringing the scent of blood along with it; seeming to purposely waft around me, temping me. 

I found myself starting to laugh as I recognized the blood's scent: it was Celestia's.

"Are you inviting me?" I spoke out loud as my lips curved upwards, causing the creature that had just stepped into the tent to freeze in fear. "You." 

I gestured with my hand towards the creature who could not meet my eyes. 

"Have all the troops concentrate their efforts on the human male named Alaric." I brushed past him, the flap of the tent automatically lifting up for me. "Do not let him out of your sight or attempt to leave the battlefield.... I doubt that you all would be able to kill him though." I chuckled as I left.

The wind containing Celestia's scent glides ahead, clearly leading me to her.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Celestia

I poured a little more magic into the wind as I waited; I had no doubt that he would come. I could feel a tightening in my chest as it became harder to swallow while my body started to shake from the fear I had learned during my time in the Demon Realm. 

I was through with the nightmares that plagued me every night and through feeling powerless and afraid. This time will be different.

I will not continue to be prey hiding shadows and running away anymore. Now: I will be the hunter.

*****

The wind suddenly changed; blowing towards me and caused my hair to flutter in front of my eyes. I reached up and brushed it over my shoulder, my eyes meeting another's as I did so. 

"You came." I said simply, keeping my face passive though my heart skipped a beat for a moment in surprise. 

"Of course." A low teasing sultry tone reached my ears as Radna's lips curved into a terrible resemblance of a smile. "You did invite me after all."

I held myself still as I felt his eyes raking me down, his gaze feeling oily and heavy with crazed desire. 

"I did." I watched him carefully as he started to pace around me, coming closer and closer with each circling, resembling a vulture slowly drifting down towards carrion; noticing his wing still wrapped in bandages. "Though not for the reason you think." 

"Hmph." Radna huffs, smirking as he stopped within an arm's distance away before me and releasing his oppressive aura. "For what other reason, you would call for me: alone?"

"Who said I was alone?" 

This time, I was the one wearing a smirk. 

Hello Lovelies!!!! Holy Moley its almost Halloween! I'm going to try to have the next chapter posted in next few days with a little fun short added in in celebration of the spooky season! 

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! We reached 150k views!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and 6.7k votes!!!! Thanks so much for voting!!!!!

*Muah!!!!!* Kisses for everyone!!! 😘😘🥰🥰🥰🥰

Hope everyone is doing great!!

From Your Favorite Author!