Chapter Sixteen: A long night

Note: some minor cuss words here and there in this chapter.

I watched Celestia as she brushed over my comment, but I let it go. When I told her about my past, many different emotions reeled through her face until her nose turned pink and tears started to form. I took the opportunity to move behind her and check her wounds with magic, healing some it as I hugged her; her familiar scent calming the raging torrent of emotions which had grown over the past five years.

I have been observing Celestia for eight years which gave me a decent grasp of her personality; She was very smart, but bit naive and sometimes detached. There were many times when I thought that she would just disappear into thin air, if I didn't keep a close eye on her.

So I had to make sure to wrap her sweetly and carefully into my trap as patiently as I could stand so that she never disappears again.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Night had fallen by the time we had finished our discussion, only taking breaks to eat. Alaric told me how he had left with Captain Kimbra to register as an adventurer and spent a few years raising his rank before conquering multiple high level dungeons.

"Are you alright?" I interrupted, subconsciously standing up and grabbing his arms.

I knew that he was supposed to get injured a few times in said dungeons but his soulmate was able to use rare holy magic so she was able to make those wounds like they never existed; but so far he hasn't mentioned anything about her yet.

"I'm fine, no injuries." Alaric chuckles, looking pleased with my attention is completely on him.

"Good." I quickly released him and retreated back to my chair in embarrassment. "I'm glad that you weren't reckless." I paused for a moment as I tried to form my next question correctly. "So... Did you meet anyone these past five years..?"

"Meet anyone?" Alaric looks a little puzzled. "What do you mean?"

"Me-eet anyone that you like?" I stumbled over my words like a new born fawn and really wanted to dig a hole then hide in it. "Female wise?"

"......" I could feel Alaric staring at me as I avoided his eyes. "No."

"No?!?!" I half-shouted rising from my seat again. "Seriously?"

"Seriously." Alaric's face was calm which allowed me to collect myself.

I slumped down back into the chair and raised a hand to my temples. Alaric hasn't met the female lead yet??? And he doesn't seem to have anyone he is interested at all? The h*ll?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? There is no freaking way that no one didn't like Alaric!

Although, maybe living with me had changed more things then I thought. I nodded internally at that thought, I didn't really like the fact that he was a playboy in the novel anyway-so it was probably a better thing that he wasn't going down that particular route.

"Well, just tell me once you've found someone what you want to spend the rest of your life with." I sighed a little before smiling at him. Alaric had an unreadable expression on his face before nodding at me.

"Don't worry Tia. I will."

"Let's get some sleep." I yawned a little as I stood up.

"Hey Tia?"

"Hmm?"

"Since I didn't say anything about you almost getting yourself killed five years ago... Will you do something for me?"

"Sure." I quickly agreed until his next few words.

"May I sleep with you tonight?"

"Huh- Ouch!" I slammed my knee on the leg of a stool in surprise at his question and rubbed at it as he quickly came over to help. "S-sleEpp with me?" I squeaked as he touched my leg.

"I won't do anything you don't like." He lightly brushes his thumb over my knee and looks up from his kneeling position to give me puppy-dog eyes. "I still remember how you were bleeding...."

He trailed off as my cheeks heated up as I remembered what else had happened that night. I really wanted to say no, but I was really weak to his handsome face.

"We are just sleeping. Nothing else." I pulled my leg out of his grasp and quickly retreated into my room. I leaned against the door then slid down it to hide my face in my arms.

'Why the h*ll did I agree to that ?!?!' I groan to myself, I could hear my sister laughing at me. I only had one boyfriend in my past life and it didn't last long. He was more interested in getting to know my sister then being with me.

'It's your fault for being so plain! There isn't a guy anywhere that would choose you over your sister!' He told me when we broke up then created rumors about me at my workplace causing me to have to resign and work at a different company until my untimely death.

Of course, that was years ago but it made it hard for me to trust men after that; much less have any desire to have sex with one. So I put all my frustrations into my work and I never told anyone- especially my sister. I knew that it would hurt her if I told her what had happened.

'Come on, bring it together.' I mentally pumped myself up, standing up to change before pausing mid-way through as I once again remembered that night. 'It didn't seem like Alaric had any problems... OKAY! Stop there!!!!!!!!' I scolded myself, pulling my gown down and huffing to the small chair and table before sitting down and angerly brushing my hair.

I barley notice my door creak open as I mumbled to myself.

"Tia." Alaric's voice comes from besides my ear, causing me to jump and drop my brush.

"The h*ll?!" I cursed in surprise then blushing in embarrassment. "Sorry Alaric, you startled me."

"I'm sorry, I did knock." He smiles at me as our eyes connected through the mirror. "May I?" He gestured with my brush in his hand.

"Sure." I nod and he takes a lock of my hair and starts to carefully brush it.

"Your hair is really smooth." Alaric says over the swish of the hair brush.

"Thanks." I awkwardly smiled at him. "I created a special blend of herbs which takes care of it. Though, I wish I didn't have so much of it."

"I like your long hair. It suits you." I ended up not responding cause I started to feel a little sleepy as he touched my hair. I didn't have many people who played with my hair.

A few minutes past as Alaric continued brushing until he reached around me to set down the brush.

"Tia."

"What's up?" I leaned back a little following his hand as he pulled away, hitting his chest.

"Let's head for bed."

"Okay." I yawned, standing up and swayed a little as I walked to the bed. I climbed in and moved over until I was at the wall, leaving plenty of space for Alaric. "You can have that side."

"Alright." He slides in after me as I watched him.