Chapter Sixty-four: A emotional connection

Celestia

"Did I not say that Celestia needed rest?" I hear a sharp tone as I woke up, feeling slightly better then yesterday. I turned onto my side to view the scene before me; Alaric was kneeling on the ground in front of Kimbra who had angrily crossed her arms and was tapping her foot irritably. 

I looked down and saw that nothing covered me other than a sheet while Alaric only had a pair of pants hastily thrown on- which meant that Kimbra had seen us sleeping like that.

"Kimbra, don't put all the blame on him." I covered my cheeks that grew warm beneath my hands and sighed. "He was the voice of reason."

"He obviously didn't protest too much." Kimbra huffs but lets it slide, yanking Alaric to his feet. "Celestia, there are some clothes and a bath already set in the other room... Do you need any help?"

"I can-" Alaric starts to speak before getting a glare from Kimbra and quickly goes silent.

"I'm good." I try to stifle a giggle. "I'll call if I need any thing." 

Kimbra nods, pulling Alaric along behind her who gives me a puppy-dog look as the door closes. I slide my legs off the bed, testing to see if I had the strength to stand then carefully standing straight before around the bed and to the other room. 

::::::::::::

I sighed in content as I slipped on some slippers after my bath, patting my hair dry with a towel for a moment before using magic to blow-dry it. The bath had worked wonders by calming me down with my favorite scent and relaxed the rest of the tension that I hadn't noticed before.

I turn towards the door as I heard it open and see the humanized Suli standing there.

"Suli!" I smile at him. "How are you feeling?"

"I should be asking you that question." Suli returns my smile before offering his arm to me. 

I couldn't but laugh a little as I wrapped my arm around his followed him out the door. 

Our footsteps echo in the empty hallway as I watched Suli out of the corner of my eye, I could tell that he was still in pain. I used a little bit of healing magic, wanting to ease his suffering.

"Celestia." Suli turns to look at me, patting my hand. "You do not need to strain yourself."

"I'm not." I smile back as I reached up and patted his head like I do when he is true self. "I want to do this."

We stood there for a few moments, allowing the magic to do it's work before it fades away. Suli squeezes my hand lightly in thanks before starting to walk again. 

I walked besides him, until a question bubbles out and escapes my lips. 

"Hey Suli?"

"Yes?"

"How did you and Jewel leave the Demon Realm?" I asked, Alaric hadn't mentioned anything earlier- though he had only lightly brushed over the events from eight days ago. 

"When the castle started to crumble, we were able to escape the prison and met up with Kimbra and the others." Suli says, clenching his jaw a little as he recounted the day. "They had us go to the gate to make sure someone could open the door incase there wasn't enough time for everyone to make it back in time."

Emotions flicked across his face; shame, anger, pain, and regret. 

"However, we were not needed since they all managed to exit safely. The one called Quinn ended up carrying the both of us to the ship."

I stopped mid-stride causing Suli to turn around in confusion. 

"Celestia-?" 

He suddenly stops speaking as I gave him a hug, squeezing him as tightly as I could. 

"I'm sorry." I swallowed back the lump that formed in my throat. "It wasn't your fault Suli!"

Because of our link, I knew that he was agonizing over the fact that he was unable to protect me and was captured by the enemy.  And unfortunately, I also knew that anything I say would fall on deaf ears.

Suli could feel what I was feeling and patted me on the back; knowing what I was trying to do. 

"Celestia." Suli calls my name softly with a sad expression. "It was. I wasn't strong enough; I am not the only one thinking that."

His eyes had the same deep turmoil as everyone else's eyes have held since I woken up; proving his words true. It would be a long time when it would fade.

:::::::::::

A few days have passed of the same routine: wake up in Alaric's arms, have breakfast, take a walk with Alaric hovering over me, sit in Alaric's office until lunch, visit the library with at least two people hovering around me if Alaric didn't come along, have supper and finally go back to sleep with Alaric. 

 I hadn't said a word the past few days, but I was quickly becoming fed up with everyone being overprotective. 

"Okay." I finally put my foot down, slamming a hand on Alaric's desk and glared at him as he gave me an innocent look. "Can we dial down on the amount of people watching me? I'm starting to get paranoid."

"I don't know what you mean Tia." His acting was impeccable, but I didn't fall for it. 

"Alaric..." I imagined shaking him for a moment before sighing. "I know that you are upset that I got kidnapped in the first place, but this is ridiculous!"

If Alaric wasn't around or any of his party or my familiars, I practically had a whole army of soldiers following me around and I was getting sick of having my every move watched. 

"Tia-"

"Don't you 'Tia' me." I cut him off with a huff, turning my back to him while crossing my arms. "I'm serious Alaric."