𝕓𝕚𝕘 𝕒𝕤𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕝𝕖

Kai plants his feet into the soft doormat of the porch of his house. His hands in his pocket plays with the keys he's reluctant to pull out. He could just turn away and take up Sehun's invitation of staying there overnight. But he knew he had to check up on his family.

He lets out a sigh, a puff of cold air making its way out the warmth of his mouth, out into the black violet sky. Kai shoves the key under the door handle. A small clicking sound allows him to push the handle down to huff his way in. Kicking away his shoes to the side of the rack, he revels in the warmth of the indoor heater for a moment.

"Where the fuck have you been?"

"Out," Kai says, shutting the door behind him and locking it.

Jago stands in the thin of the hallway, arms crossed on his chest. "Couldn't you have taken longer to answer your texts?"

"I could have actually."

"You listen here you brat," Jago stomps his way to the younger, stopping as Kai's eyes couldn't see anymore past his chest. "Four people. Four of those fuckers came. What if they were looking for blood, huh? Eui answered the door. What if she fucking got her head sliced the minute she opened that door, huh?"

Kai shrugs. "Then she would die, I guess."

Jago lets out a dissettled grunt and raises his fist.

"Jago!" Eui slaps the back of her brother's head.

"What the hell, woman!?"

Eui immediately turns to her nephew, holding both her arms out. "Kai, why are you back so late?"

"It's only 11, jesus," Kai pushes past Jago, turning to go to the stairs. Andrew and Briggs stood at the hallway, looking at him before Kai turns his head away almost instinctively and continued upstairs.

Eui sighs, pursing her lips.

"Why the fuck do we even bother with that kid?" Jago grunts.

"That's not nice, Jago," Andrew sighs.

"Oh my god, I know you guys think the fucking same thing. We should just sell him out to the council."

"Jago!" Eui glares. "He's my boy, okay? Don't you dare say something like that."

Jago stares at his sister for a good few seconds as he scratches his head. "Right, I'm sorry."

____________________________________________

"Why?" Chanyeol plucks the grass under his feet. Like a child, he mopes. Frustrated at himself, mostly. To some degree it is embarrassing to receive help from someone you swore you hated even if they did save your life.

"Why what?" Will walks down the very few steps from the singular door onto the backyard patio, where Chanyeol is currently moping.

The snow capping the grass of the backyard is melting, putting morbid colours of white, brown and mossy green on a bright display. The garden is unweeded, dreadful and frankly just depressing.

"Why would you help me?" He mutters. "I'm obviously the one disrupting your fucking mission, or whatever."

"Yeah," Will huffs, giggling slightly. "It is pretty obvious from the get go."

"Then why didn't you tell the others?"

Will shrugs, though he stands behind Chanyeol, who can't see him. "I don't know. Even if I did have a reason, I couldn't tell you," Will lets out a humph as he sits beside Chanyeol. "You're really special, Chanyeol."