𝕚𝕟 𝕟𝕖𝕖𝕕 𝕠𝕗 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘?

He lifts the weight one from his side to his chest one last time before dropping the dumbbell to the floor, a loud thump sounding from its wooden material. Beads of sweat fell from his hairline to his arm. 150, he counts. Sitting on his bed, he kicks the dumbbell under it.

Flopping backwards his head relaxes against the soft pillow. He turns to pick up his phone at the nightstand to check the clock that reads 5 a.m. He throws it somewhere, pulling his arm up to drape over his eyes and thanks the fucking lord as his mind turns hazy into sleep.

Big. The biggest beast. Tiny hands reach out to caress its fur. Dainty, tiny hands. Golden eyes meet him.

"Run," The golden eyes didn't speak. Yet his voice was ringing everywhere in the boy's head. "Run now."

So he ran. He ran. There was no road yet he ran. There was no floor yet he ran.

Do not dare to look back. Do not turn your head.

"I found love, baby," her soft, soft voice pierced through his skull. An echo coming from all around. It was faint yet loud. He didn't look back. "I hope one day you'll find your own, too."

Gasping, he pushes his blankets off of him, sitting up with a pop to his back. He breathes in, then out, placing both his palms against his temples, effectively rubbing the sweat away.

Looking left and right, he spots his phone on the edge of the mattress. He stares at it, collecting his thoughts. Stretching for it, he picks it back up.

5.48 a.m.

____________________________________________

"Hi."

Sehun rubs the toothpaste off the edge of his mouth, hand on the doorknob that was opened wide for the unexpected guest.

"Yur' urrly," Sehun lets Chanyeol in by stepping to the side, grabbing the toothbrush hanging from his mouth with his free hand.

"Sorry, I couldn't stay in that house any longer."

Sehun nods. "Itsh fhine," saliva and toothpaste spurts out as Sehun tries to speak with his mouth filled with froth.

"Sehun? Who's here?" Sehun's dad's shouts could be heard from upstairs.

"Thanyool!" Sehun shouts, a snort coming from Chanyeol.

"Oh look who's here."

"Nice to see you bro," Chanyeol smiles, bumping fists with Beomseok. "How are you, by the way? I heard what happened."

Beomseok nodded. "I'm alright, it's my dad that got fucked up by those dogs."

"Theer woofs," Sehun stares at the two, brushing his teeth in the middle of the living room.

"Hi,Chanyeol," Sehun's mom came out of nowhere, giving pecks on the three boys' cheeks. "Go get ready for school, baby," she says to Sehun. "I'm going out for work early, boys."

"Bye, Mrs. Oh," Chanyeol smiles.

Sehun's mom throws Chanyeol a kind look before opening and leaving out the door.

Plucking the toothbrush out of his mouth, Sehun scurries back to his room. "Beauty can't wait."

Chanyeol plops down on the couch, laughing, as he switches the TV on.

"Why are you here so early though," Beomseok checks the clock on the wall. "It's only 7."

"Couldn't stand my dad and I being under the same roof," Chanyeol flips through several channels before finding one that he likes. Kick Buttowski. "What about you, how's university?"