𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕥𝕒𝕤𝕤

"Damnit!" Theodore slams his fists on the wooden table, startling even Chanyeol, who came out of his room just to make himself a sandwich.

"Could you not scream?" Louis presses his palms to his forehead. "It's making me lose concentration."

"They have a fucking witch on their side and you want to concentrate!?" Theodore brings his stocky self to sit on the chair with a huff.

"Yes, actually." The lady, who Chanyeol learnt was named Laura, pulled her golden locks behind her ear, digging through a file of what seemed to be full of pictures.

"What do you mean 'witch'?" The front door shuts, grabbing the attention of everyone. Chanyeol continues preparing his ham and cheese sandwich, not even greeting his father.

"You're back," Louis says cheerfully.

Laura sighs, passing the file to Roger who walks towards them, to which he curiously takes.

"These are..." Roger trails off.

"Incantation circles," Laura points towards the pictures. "We found them engraved near the edges of the town. One circle on a tree, another on a statue, the first one we discovered was in an alleyway."

"They seem oddly specific."

"Um..." Will mumbles, effectively capturing the attention of everyone in the room. The short male fumbles with his fingers.

"Go on," Laura kindly smiles at the tanned boy.

Scrunching his freckles embarrassed, he scratches the back of his head. "This kind of circle affects smells, it must be all around town" Laura nods. "Usually, they should come in groups of four or eights... we only found three."

"But we know their location."

"We do, but we would need Louis' smell to confirm that they really are that pack."

"Is that blood or paint?" Roger points towards the picture.

"Oh, that's definitely blood," Theodore grunts.

"How sure are you this isn't just a prank? I know some kids down a few blocks who are into satanism shit." Roger puts it down on the counter.

Tugging his sleeve over his hand, Chanyeol looks back to get a glimpse at it. The markings were red. Latin wordings littered over the circle in a seemingly disturbing pattern with a messy cross striking through it.

"I doubt it..." Will says softly.

"According to Will, this spell affects the senses, which was why Louis couldn't sniff out any wolves. It's safe to say they're in this town and with a witch at that."

Roger nods. "Couldn't we just... rub it off?"

"We could but we wouldn't want to alarm the wolves," Louis grins. "We will need to find the wolves without depending on our abilities," he huffs. "The witch is probably writhing in their bed right about now. The level of this kind of caliber magic is crazy enough for them to even be standing up." Louis rubs his nose with the tip of his thumb. "I can't smell shit at all."

"Or, there are multiple witches that are working together with the wolves."

"Is that bad?"

"Horrible," Laura sighs. "Witches in themselves are rarities. The council only has few of them under command. Just imagine what Fenrir could do if he has those power of witches on his side."

Pulling out his toast from the grill, Chanyeol puts it on his plate with a fork. "Couldn't you just take a blood sample and test it or some shit?" He asks, back to the others.