GILBERT BLYTHE

"everyone should have written their poems at this point in time, and i hope that everyone has worked hard on them" miss stacy said as she clasped her hands together, looking amongst the group of students

"everyone should have written their poems at this point in time, and i hope that everyone has worked hard on them" miss stacy said as she clasped her hands together, looking amongst the group of students. you enjoyed writing poems— it was something that gave you peace of mind.

you slightly dozed off as everyone else presented their pieces, most being about trees and how much they dislike school— until miss stacy had finally called your name to come and present yours.

"come up y/n, ive been excited to hear what you've got" she said as she smiled at you, making you feel giddy as you stood in front of the class, taking a deep breath before glancing down at your paper.

"the spring sun shows me your shadow,
the spring wind bears me your breath,
you are mine for a passing moment,
but i am yours to the death"

you took a deep breath before looking up— however instead of your eyes connecting with annes hopeful ones or dianas soft eyes, you were met with gilbert blythes that had been lingering on yours for what felt like forever.

"that was truely beautiful y/n, you make take a seat now" miss stacey said making you snap out of your trance, smiling over at her before heading back to your seat. you still felt eyes burning into the side of your head, making you glance to your right and see none other than gilbert blythe staring at you.

his chin was resting on his hand as he stared at you, making you giggle as he lifted his head up and coughed, a blush forming on his cheeks. you had always found gilbert blythe somewhat attractive, and didn't really care too much that ruby had— in the girls eyes— "claimed" him as her own. you can't claim someone.

a few more people went up and made her speeches, annes being the most beautiful poem about the seasons that you had ever heard, when miss stacy called up gilbert blythes name. you watched as he made his way up to the front, coughing before looking up and reciting his poem.

"i know your love was never mine
and yet, ive been watching the shore,
waiting for your beacon, for
my heart still beats in time with yours"

the class clapped loudly as gilbert smiled, however all you could think about was that during his entire speech, his eyes only ever left yours when he looked down to read the next line— which made your heart flutter.

"alright, class dismissed, im sure i will see you all tomorrow" miss stacey said as the class started to move around, packing up their books.

you got outside as the cold winter air hit you, making you shiver. you felt a tap on your shoulder making you spin around and see none other than gilbert blythe standing there smiling at me.

"would you allow me to walk you home, miss y/n" he said, flashing his famous smile making you blush and nod your head. gilbert held his arm out as you moved towards him and linked arms.

soft snowflakes were falling as the two of you walked along the dirt path, giggling every time gilbert made a joke.

what you didn't know was that deep down gilbert blythe thought you were the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, and even right now with snowflakes littering you h/c hair as you admired the nature around you.

"you're beautiful" gilbert said out loud making you stop in your footsteps and look up at the taller brown haired boy. your mouth was agape as you started to say something, however you quickly closed it and smiled up at the boy.

"thank you gilbert, you're quite handsome yourself" you said as he rolled his eyes and smirked down at you. in a matter of seconds, gilbert rested his hand on your cheek, caressing it lightly as you leaned into him. snowflakes fell around the two of you stared at eachother, making your heart rate speed up more than ever.

"would i— if i— would you" gilbert stuttered as you giggled lightly, leaning up and placing your lips on his as he smiled into it.

gilbert's hands made their way to your waist as yours snakes around his neck. after some time the two of you pulled away, your foreheads resting against each other as he smiled down at you. his hand came up and moved a piece of hair out of your face, staring up at him.

"that was very unexpected" he said as you rolled your eyes, placing a hand on gilberts chest and pushing him away lightly, walking along the path towards your house as the boy hurried to keep up with you.