GILBERT BLYTHE

"gilbert blythe is a rude boy and nobody can do anything to change my mind" you huffed, crossing your arms over your chest as cole, diana and anne groaned in annoyance

"y/n he's really not that bad" anne said, getting up off the grass and brushing the dirt off her, followed by the rest of you guys.

"that's because you and him are the smartest in the class, you have something to bond over. me and blythe? well all we do is bicker about things, like for instance my hair— which apparently he hates" you groaned as the group of you set off to school, not wanting to be late.

as the group of you walked into the school house, billy andrews immediately came up to you, sitting on the edge of the desk as you rolled your eyes.

"what now andrews" you groaned, as your friends went and sat down.

"just wanted to see how a pretty lady was doing" he said, taking you hand and kissing your hand as you jerked it back quickly.

"eat dirt billy andrews" you scoffed, going to sit down in your spot next to cole.

as class started, your mind wandered off into other things, causing you to jolt awake when a ball of paper landed on your desk.

you rolled your eyes, assuming it was billy trying to woo you over again, but when you opened the note you read it over a few times.

do you hate me? and if so why?

-gb

you groaned internally as i looked over at the boy, who gave me a wink.

"y/n, gilbert! please stop trying to communicate with eachother whilst im talking" the teacher yelled making you sigh.

soon enough you felt a presence beside you, and as you glanced over you came face to face with gilbert kneeling down before you.

"hey" he said as you easily ignored the boy, continuing on with your work.

"are you ignoring me?" he question as you rolled your eyes and looked at the boy.

"what does it look like genius" you mumbled, writing down what the teacher was writing on the board.

"hey, listen to me you stupid girl" gilbert said which made your blood burst. standing up abruptly along with gilbert, you brought to our hand around and connected it with his face, making him gasp as the teacher spun around.

"y/n, you are most definitely staying in after class, everybody dismissed"

after a house of cleaning and polishing desks, the teacher finally let you go, but not before giving you a lecture about behaviour.

as you left the schoolhouse, you felt the tears streaming down your face. you knew that once you got home, your father would be enraged that you had to stay afterwards.

your father was a mean man, who despised you ever since you mother died whilst giving birth, causing him to express his hate in many ways.

you cried softly as you walked home, and the sound of crunching leaves made you wipe your tears away and whip around.

"gilbert? w-what are you doing here" you mumbled, kicking the snow as the boy came closer to you.

"are you okay y/n?" he asked softly, causing you to look up into his brown eyes.

"why would you care, im just a stupid girl aren't i" you said more confidently, turning around and walking away only for gilberts hand to grab yours and make you turn around.

"what not gilbert? what more could you possibly say" you said, a few tears going down your face as he stared at you with so much guilt.

"y/n im-im sorry, i didn't know i hurt you this much" he said, still holding you hand.

"oh no gilbert, ive been so rude to you these past few months and im so sorry for it, you didn't deserve any of it. it's just my dad gets angry sometimes and it really gets to me" you sniffled as gilberts arms wrapped around you, tears still going down your face.

"shh it's okay, im sorry i called your stupid y/n, you're far from it" he said as you smiled, breaking away from him.

"did you just admit i was smart?" you said smirking as gilbert rolled his eyes.

"you're one heck of a girl y/n y/l/n" he said, lacing you go here together as the two of you walked home.