GILBERT BLYTHE

gilbert blythe was single handedly the most attractive boy in your schoolhouse, well at least you you he was

gilbert blythe was single handedly the most attractive boy in your schoolhouse, well at least you you he was. being your boyfriend of six months, the tall brunette boy had asked you out in the middle of winter.

you can recall the day like it was just yesterday. you were at the winter dance your town was holding and your school were one of the groups who had organised a dance, including both the boys and the girls. you and gilbert were friends at the time, and the brunette boy was constantly flirting with you, except at that point you just thought that the two of you were good friends.

by the end of the night, and after many many looks from gilbert, he called you outside to talk— which you happily obliged to as he took to your hand and led you out to the back of the town hall. it was snowing lightly, and gilbert admired you as the snowflakes fell onto your skin.

"i love you" he had mumbled, making you turn in his direction and move your hair out of your face, a smile painting over your lips as you stared up at your best friend.

"the feelings mutual blythe" you said as he blushed and scratched the back of his neck.

from that day foreword, the two of you had been even more inseparable than you were before. he had asked you out that night, and obviously your answer was yes. ruby was— surprisingly— okay with it all, she knew that something was going on between the two of you.

and that brought you to current time. it was mid spring and you were patiently waiting for gilbert to walk you to school, as he insisted he would every day till he, and you quote "died".

"boo" you heard from behind you, making you jump and hold a hand to your heart as you whacked your boyfriend on the chest, huffing before walking ahead of him.

"come on love, you're not mad at me are you" he said as he caught up, grabbing ahold of your wrist and spinning you around, a soft giggle come out of your mouth.

"i could never be mad at you" you said as you leaned up and kissed him softly on the lips, before intertwining your hands and walking along to school. it was a beautiful morning, the sun slightly shining through the gap in the trees as the two of you walked along.

like always, gilbert made sure that he opened the door for you and took your coat, even though you had told him that you can easily do these things yourself— he said that it was a boyfriends duty to care for his girlfriend, to which you rolled your eyes at and said something about the patriarchy beings stupid.

"as promised, today we'll be practising for the county fair barn dance" miss stacy said as you clapped your hands together in excitement, anne standing beside you and gripping your shoulder.

"mr and mrs lynde have kindly consented to help us in this endeavour" she said as the couple smiled at the group of you in front of them.

practice was going badly, for the whole group. everyone was a complete mess as they jumbled around the room, annoyance evident on mrs lyndes face which made you and your red haired friend giggle, as gilbert glanced lightly at you.

"okay okay, let's try this again" she said as they shook her head, the group starting off strong. then came the partner dancing, to which you and gilbert smiled at each other as you stood in front of one another.

"care to dance, miss" he said as you rolled your eyes and took his hand, doing the dance that mrs lynde had told you just earlier. in that moment, it felt like things had started to go in slow motion as you admired your adorable yet sharp boyfriend dance with you, his eyes moving down to meet yours as he sent you a smirk.

blushing, you finished the dance and the class was soon enough dismissed, making the girls huddle in a circle and chat about what had just happened between them and the boys.

"gosh y/n, you and gilbert are just the cutest" diana said as all of the girls nodded in agreement, you giving them a sweet smile.

"you're too kind" you replied as the girls giggled amongst each other. you, off in your own world, looked over at at your boyfriend only to see him already staring at you, a smile on his face.

you blushed lightly, waving at him before going back to your conversation with the girls, leaving gilbert blushing himself.