GILBERT BLYTHE

"im telling you y/n, gilbert is madly in love with you, it's so obvious!" anne yelled as you walked around, looking through stores

"anne! not so loud!" you whisper yelled back, covering her mouth as diana laughed from beside her. you and gilbert had been making eye contact all day, and your two best friends had eventually caught on.

"anne's right y/n, that boy is always looking at you" diana giggled as you rolled your eyes and leaned back against the wall outside of the fruit shop as anne went in.

"you coming in y/n?" diana asked as i you shook my head no.

"i hate the smell in there" you grimaced as she shrugged and headed inside. you were picking at the charcoal on your nails when a shadow came up infront of you, startling you slightly.

"gilbert you scared the hell outta me" you said as he let out a raspy laugh, making your heart do flips.

"what brings you here" he said, leaning back on the light pole that was behind him. you nodded my head in the direction of diana and anne, who were getting too excited over fruits.

"they're gonna be here a while, and i hate the smell in there" as you mentioned the store you grimaced slightly.

"you don't like the smell of fruit?" the taller boy giggled as you rolled your eyes and smiled.

"too many fruits all at once, it like hurts my nostrils" you said laughing as gilbert smiled.

"you should come with me to the post office whilst you wait, i need a little bit of company" he said as you looked back into the store to see diana and anne still searching for the fruits they wanted.

'yeah, that would be nice. let me just tell them" you said smiling before racing into the store. you held your breath slightly as you made your way over to your bestfriends.

"hey guys, im just gonna go to the post office with gilbert, but ill meet you back here yeah?" you said as the two girls grew smiles on their faces.

"so, you and gilbert huh?" anne said as you rolled your eyes and waved goodbye to the girls.

"we told you so!" they yelled out as you met up with gilbert outside. he chuckled at your friends as you looked down embarrassed.

"im sorry about the, they don't know how to handle things" you said laughing as gilbert walked along the gutter.

"it's fine m'lady, that's what friends are like" he said as he looked over at you smiling. your heart exploded at this, making you blush and look away.

the two of you had been walking for around five minutes when gilbert stopped, making you jolt back and look at him.

"you all good gil?" you asked as he scratched the back of his neck.

"uh- there's just something i have to tell you" he said as you nodded slowly.

"uh you see" he stopped again, leaning against the pole beside the two of you.

"gilbert you know you can tell me anything right?" you said, smiling softly as he looked up at you, meeting your e/c eyes.

"god you're beautiful" as these words came out of his mouth it felt like a train had just hit you. your eyes widened as you blushed and played with your fingers.

"t-hank you gil" you said, smiling insanely as he walked over from the pole to you and grabbed your hands.

"i didn't know how to tell you this because im such a coward, but i really like you y/n. you're so smart, like insanely smart. you're funny and you're caring and every single boy at our damn school wants you" as he said these things you couldn't help but smile and look at your intertwined hands.

"and not to mention you're so damn pretty" he smiled down at you, placing a piece of your hair behind you ear as he moved his hands from yours to your face.

"kiss me gilbert" as you said these words, it was like you and gilbert's worlds collided.

his lips attached to yours as you smiled into the kiss, your hands wrapping around his neck to play with the light curls that were underneath his hat. he had moved his hands from your face to your waist as the two of you parted, both exhausted from the passionate kiss.

the sound of two girls squealing made you lose eye contact, and behind gilbert you saw anne and diana jumping up and down. you laughed lightly as you went towards them, gilberts arm still around your waist as you smiled like an idiot.

"see! i told you that gilbert felt that same way about you" diana said excitedly as you giggled, looking up at gilbert.

"so, are you two you know" anne said smiling as my eyes widened.

"uh i don't-" gilbert cut you off almost immediately.

"yeah, she's my girlfriend" he said, kissing you head as your best friends screamed with excitement.

"well, this was not what i expected from today" you said leaning up to place yet another soft kiss on gilberts lips, making the girls go crazy.