Chapter 13.50:Taking The Border

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Ayato pov*

One check point down, 4 more to go. Jumping to another tree I look back checking on my squad: 3 defence, 2 attack and a mutated kagune.

At least we won't have to fight any servants while we're doing this. I've just jinxed myself haven't I. Well anyway we've made it to the next road.

Ayato:There plant one here!

The guy with the mutated kagune shot at the ground in the middle of the road planting a bin sized spike into the ground, I signaled for us to move onto the next couple of roads and in doing so everyone jetted off.

*Time skip*

We're onto the last set of roads now adn we've planted the last seed now and we just need to make it back to base, I pull out a picture of me and my sister at the park she's hugging a white rabbit plush and I've gotten a small raven one.

I'm brought out of my thoughts as one of my men call out.

Ghoul1:Yo do you guys hear that?

I turn around listening closely and we hear... A car?

Ayato:Everyone get to cover I'll handle this.

Ghouls:Yes sir!

They take cover in the trees as the roaring of a car grows louder and louder, looking down the road I see a silver Mercedes benz with black tinted windows, as it approaches I simply cross my arms waiting for them.

It comes to a stop a few feet in front of me as the doors open I see both a humunculus and a servant step out, they don't look hostile. Well the servant does but I figure they're all like that.

Adjusting my mask I address them.

Ayato:Who are you and why are you here?!

The white haird one steps forward with her servant closely behind.

White:I'm Irisviel and this is Saber, we're trying to find Kaneki.

I raise an eye brow at this.

Ayato:And why do you need him?

She rubs her arm before speaking again.

Irisviel:We hope to apologise, for roping him into this... We could have done the war ourselves. But we thought having someone else do most of the work was safer.

They only brought him to life for that, Then All that SHIT that happened to him could've been avoided!

Ayato:Why the fuck... Would you do that! Then think you have ANY Right to apologise!! After all the shit he's been through!

She steps back a bit but I carry on.

Ayato:He's been tortured both mentally and physically, used, abandoned and he's had to eat innocent people JUST to keep himself alive!!

In a sudden burst of speed I close the gap chocking her and lifting her up by the neck.

Ayato:The bad thing is, he won't even be mad...

Her eye's widen hearing this.

Irisviel:B-but why?

Ayato:I don't know! He always finds a way to justify your BULLSHIT! it's always 'I should be grateful they brought me back.' or 'I can't bare to take them away from Ilya.' so that's why... I have to be mad for him!

She's started struggling now because of my grip and sabers preparing to strike me, I let her go letting her fall to the ground clutching her neck.

Ayato:I would love to kill you, really I would. But then all his suffering would be for nothing.

Just then I hear the signal ring off in my ear piece so I turn around to my squad making them come out of the bushes surprising the two.

Ayato:... It's time!

The ghoul with the mutated kagune nods before the seed we planted in the ground started to rapidly expand covering a large area, it'll form a large wall of flesh surrounding fuyuki up till the harbour.

Irisviel:What!

The grooves and ridges of the wall glow red before large bounded field formed around fuyuki, I love it when a plan comes together.

*Loud creaking sounds*

I turn back to fuyuki seeing Kaneki's kagune lift up the s.s red sun aiming it at the sky scrapper l, before I could react golden portals appeared all around the boat and kagune readying
Many plethoras of weapons.

Ayato:God dammit goldie.

I turn to my squad before running to the car.

Ayato:Everyone continue with the plan! I need to help.

I hop into the car closely followed by Irisviel and Saber, I start the car turning it around and heading to fuyuki.

Ayato:I swear... Do you want to make it up to Kaneki?

Irisviel:Of corse!

Ayato:Then you can be here for him now...

Just as we re enter fuyuki we see the thruster of the s.s red sun explode into life, Renji's voice rips through the air just as fast as it was hurled towards the sky scrapper.

Renji:Too late goldie we've got you right where w want you!!!!

I watch in horror as the ship collides with the skyscraper as weapons of all shapes and sizes try to rip through it's Hull, the shrapnel and debrie falling to the city bellow.

Irisviel:Are we too late!

Ayato:No look...

They turn to see what I was looking at, emerging from the smoke were two figures one was Goldie throwing an assortment of weapons at the other, kaneki. He was trying his best to crack through Goldies armour throwing kagune infused punches and attacks at him while barely blocking swords or regenerating parts of his body.

Ayato:We gotta get there faster!

Saber:Hold on...

She places her hand on the car altering it some how making it go way faster than before, we get around 100m away from the building before the two crash to the ground and the fighting resume.

God dammit Kaneki survive, I've still gotta thank you... For protecting my sister.

Slamming my hand on the dash board I yell.

Ayato:DON'T YOU DARE DIE ON ME KANEKI!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~