Chapter 22

A/n: Hey my dudes! I hope you all are having an amazing summer so far. I'm excited to be here writing again (finally).

But I've also realized I've made a mistake...

I realized that I accidentally wrote the last chapter in second person POV (you vs I or him/her) instead of first person (I). I'm obviously to lazy to go and fix it, so I hope that doesn't bother you. I'll go back to first person unless you like second person more (please let me know!)

Word count- 2583 words 

Enjoy~

* * *

Your POV

"Stupid! Useless! Person!" I chanted as I repeatedly banged my head against the shower wall. I didn't know how to handle myself now that I was going on my first date ever.

'It's not a date!' My brain screamed. 'It's just two people hanging out and one doesn't like the other one because they're just an abomination of a person—'

My thoughts were cut off when I slipped in the shower, landing on the cool ground, letting the water pelt my face.

It was difficult to make a choice on what to wear—which it really shouldn't be, since my wardrobe consisted of mostly black and comfortable clothes. I ended up settling on a pair of black jeans, a (pick a color) flannel, a grey tee shirt under it, and the look was topped off by a pair of Docs (or Vans).

The wait was the worst part. My hands got clammy as my anxiousness grew with every passing minute. How does a date even work?—I had no clue. I never even considered that I would go on a date, ever.

But this isn't a date, I reminded myself. This is just two friends hanging out. Nothing more.

The chime of my doorbell rang through the house causing a rush of nervousness to flush through my body, which was already nearly shaking.

I walked over to the door and hesitated for a brief moment before opening it. There, Johnny stood there waiting. He almost looked nervous too, but that couldn't be the case, could it?

"Hi," I said, pushing the door open a bit more even though I wanted to hide behind it.

"Hello. How are you?"

"Good-great! I umm.." I fumbled with the leather jacket in my arms for a moment before managing to hold it out to him. "I think this belongs to you."

"Thank you."

"No problem."

There was an awkward moment of silence. I knew that this would happen—that I would get all awkward because I would overthink everything. I'm probably ruining our friendship.

"Wanna head over to the park or something then? Does that sound all right?" He suggested.

"Yeah, that sounds all right."

We headed over to Johnny's truck and both hopped inside. It was definitely not the first time that I had gotten a ride, but it felt different. I felt awkward as I buckled myself up, and I felt like I was too close to Johnny, but yet I wanted to scoot closer.

The ride was silent. Normally we found something to shout about or we would sing the songs that were playing on the radio. Even if one of us did turn the radio on I still felt like it would be awkwardly silent. 

Stupid... you're ruining this! He's going to hate you now!, My mind screamed at me. I could feel tears of frustration brim my eyes. I knew it was only a matter of time until I was too... me... too me and then he wouldn't want to be friends with me anymore.