Chapter 6

A/n: You guys deserve better.

Your POV

I snuck out of the bathroom after I spent some time trying to clear my thoughts. I felt guilty, maybe even ashamed of myself. Part of me wanted to stay back and help with the rest of practice, but the other wanted to go home, there I knew I would be safe and away from everything.

As I was walking home down the sidewalk I felt cold and numb. It was strange, I didn't seem to feel any of the emotions I usually felt as I walked in a public place. I was scared, why wasn't I feeling anything? But a part of me didn't care, it just wanted a break from everything I felt.

As I walked through the door of my house my mother greeted me.

"Hey, sweetheart, how was it? You're a bit earlier than I though you would be."

I looked up at my mom. She had a smile etched on her face, but her eyes clearly showed that she was worried. So I snapped out of my trance as much as I could and smiled. "Yeah, practice just ended a bit early, that's all."

"Oh, okay." She smiled again.

I started to walk down the hall to my room, that's when my mom stopped me.

"(Y/n)."

I turned around. "Yes, Mom?"

I thought she was going to ask me about what was wrong. Was she able to see underneath my skin? "Supper will be ready soon."

"Okay, thanks."

I started walking again.

"I love you."

I stopped dead in my tracks. A surge of pain and emotion flooded into my chest. It caught me off guard. I almost cried out as tears flooded out of my eyes, but I stopped myself. "I love you too."

I finished the walk to my room before collapsing on my bed. I clamped a hand over my mouth so no sound would escape.

Why did it all have to hurt so bad?

When I finally settled my phone buzzed. Looking through my watery eyes I saw a text from Eddy.

Eddy- Want to come down to the pool house and play some video games?

I sat and stared at my screen for a good few minutes. What if he was going to confront me for running off? Would he get mad? But he seemed to have read my mind, because the next text read.

Eddy- No talking about anything just a good match of video games

I set my phone own and rubbed my eyes. I laid down for a moment, just staring at the ceiling blankly. I wished I could just lay there forever and never have to worry about a thing. I could just be me in the safety of my room. But I didn't want to keep Eddy waiting, so I forced myself out of my bed and to the pool house.

As I entered the pool-house I got ready to say whatever I had to say to stop Eddy from reaching me. But he didn't want to talk. He just held my controller in his hand while he smiled his goofy smile like he always did. My pain and emotion started to fade away, but it wasn't from numbness, it was from happiness.

I took a spot next to Eddy, pushing away the massive pile of snacks that surrounded him. I was happy to have the one person that could make me genuinely happy next to me. Eddy gave me a chance, and that's all I ask for.
.
A/n: I hope the next chapter is longer.

Until next time.

~Becca