Chapter 5

A/n: Uh, Wow, I'm so sorry, it's been more than a month since the last update. I say this every time, but I hope I can update more often.

And again, sorry it's a short chapter. But I liked how the end was going and decided it would be a good ending.

Word count- 634 words

Your POV

I wasn't looking forward to today's practice. Today I had to meet the rest of the contestants. What would they think of me? Would they hate me?

I was honestly so scared. So scared for how they would treat me. I was scared that it would make me want to stop helping in the singing competition.

But I really wanted to do this. I really wanted to be a part of this passion I've had for so long.

So I walked into the Moon Theater. And as I did so I felt the small amount of confidence I had drain from my soul. Because at that moment all of the contestants were in front of me, all of their eyes on me.

I feel like Eddie and Buster had talked to them about me, warned them about me. But it clearly wasn't enough, as I saw their faces change to shook, even disgust.

I adverted my eyes to the floor, too nervous to reach their gaze.

"(Y/n), these are the contestants. Pete, Mike, Ash, Gunter, Rosita, (the frogs, sorry I forgot their names😅), And you've met Johnny" Buster said.

I didn't say anything, as I was worried I would say something that a contestant would tease.

"(Y/n) is one of my stagehands, just like Meena" Buster continued.

I didn't hear what he said after that, because my ears started to ring, blocking all the outside noise. I could feel my heart beating in my chest, as if I had just ran a marathon. My anxiety was creeping in, and it was doing it fast.

My brother calling my name is what partially snapped me out of my trance, enough to focus on everything else.

I knew that I should feel fine, that I was going to be okay, that I was safe. But my head was telling me so much more than that. No one could could see the whirlwinds of emotion swirling deep inside of my chest. They just saw my blank, fur-less face. Sometimes that's the worst part of all.

That no one understands.

"I-.. I need to use the restroom, I'll be right back." It took everything in me not to run, I slowly walked away. But once I was around the corner, out of sight, I ran to the bathroom.

I slammed the door behind me. Running to the sink and clutching the sides in my hands. Tears rolled down my face as I sobbed.

I didn't want this anymore. Why did I have to be made this way? What did I ever do to deserve this?

I fell to my knees, the cold, hard floor hurt as my knees impacted with it, but I didn't care. My hands found their way to my face, cradling my reddened cheeks.

It didn't take long for me to cry it all out, for my tears to run out. I leaned my back against the cool wall, laying my head back.

I started to feel nothing. All that emotion, all that pain, it was gone. And it scared me, it honestly did. As feeling is something that everyone does, it's what kept me from completely separating myself from everyone else. But what scared me even more was.

I didn't mind.
.
A/n: Sorry it's short. But I felt like I should end it on this note, as ending it with an emotional paragraph ties it up best.

See you guys, hopefully, soon!

~Becca