Chapter 27

A/n: hey my dudes! I hope you have had an amazing summer. I have a full time daycare job and it's been horrible. The kids aren't the problem, it's the other staff. It's been horrible. I'm on a vacation right now and finally have the mental capacity to write. I hope my writing isn't lacking.

Word count- 1820 words

Enjoy~

* * * * *

Recap

I stopped singing, and Johnny stopped playing the piano. The sound of the music continued to echo until it died out completely. The lights stopped flashing, the squids stopped swimming and showing their colors. The room was completely still, so still that one would think that the audience was made of stone. And the silence... the silence was deafening.

* * * * *

My heart began to race. I didn't know what to think. The outcome of my performance was something I thought about a lot, but I never imagined that the crowd would be silent. It was unnatural for a room with this many people to be so silent.

Just when I thought I might run off of stage to throw up, someone a few rows from the front of the audience stood and began to clap. A few more followed suit. As the noise began to grow I could start to hear some in the crowd start to 'boo' and shout angrily.

But the cheering grew louder. I began to notice that most of the people that were standing were teens and young adults. Many kids started to stand even though their parents tried to keep sitting. Maybe Buster was right after all—that the teens found me relatable and thought of me as a role model.

Every time that I could hear someone shout in protest, another person stood up to cheer for me. Tears began to roll down my face just as Johnny came up next to me and took my hand. He began to wave at the crowd, a large grin on his face, and I did the same.

Johnny led me off of stage, which I was thankful for, as I think I would have been too shocked to have made myself leave.

Not a second after I placed my guitar on the floor Johnny swooped me up into a hug and spun me
around.

"I did it! I really did it!" I said.

"They thought it was amazing!" He stopped spinning. "They loved it." He pulled away slightly to look at me. "They loved you."

And my heart filled with pride. I was proud of myself.

All of my friends joined our hug, surrounding both Johnny and I. I heard so many words of praise that it was hard to pick just one person to listen too.

After a moment everyone pulled away quickly, including Johnny. I wondered why until I saw my Nana walking towards me.

My heart dropped. My stomach churned. My head spun.

She slowed her moderate pace to walk to me slowly—the opposite of what my heart was doing. She stopped about arms-reach away from me.

"My granddaughter..."

She had never called me that before.

"I'm sorry for never giving  you a chance and having... prejudice. I know that I don't deserve it, but I was wondering if we could start over?"