Chapter 23

A/n: What's up, my dudes? It's been so so long since I've updated. Lots of you were asking for me to update, and one of you was even asking me if I was okay. I knew I had to write something, so I was up late last night with this. I hope you like it.

Word count- 1399 words

Warning- the reader is talking poorly about themselves. Know that none of it is true and you are amazing :) I love and appreciate you guys lots.

Enjoy~

* * *

Your POV

It was early the next morning when I had to get up and get ready to head to the Theater to talk to Buster. I was beyond nervous--I wasn't even sure if this was something that I would be able to make myself do.

I spent many hours the night prior laying in bed unable to sleep, thinking about what I should do. If I went through with this then I would stand on the stage alone, singing for the town to hear. I wouldn't have anyone else with me, I wouldn't have any one to depend on, and all eyes would be on me.

The thought frightened me to the point that my hands began to shake and my heart started to race. Yet, the thought of backing out frightened me too. This could finally be my chance to sing my songs. I could finally get recognized by something other than my face.

I made my way up the familiar steps and into Buster's office. I wasn't surprised that he wasn't there waiting for me, but he showed up after a few minutes of being elsewhere.

"(y/n)!" He said happily. "Isn't this amazing."

I smiled nervously. "Yeah."

"What's wrong? You don't seem as excited as I am."

"It's just... I'm really scared to do this, Buster."

"I thought you were over your stage fright."

"It isn't stage fright, it's being afraid always."

He gave me a reassuring smile. "But there is nothing to worry about. The fans love you! They want to hear you sing!"

"I know. I just am worried to have all of their attention on me and what if I mess up and--"

"Kid, listen..." He paused, giving me a moment to take a deep breath. "A lot of people really look up to you. They like the songs you pick and the positive messages you say. I've heard that teens feel like you're relatable--" I snorted. Yeah, I'm totally relatable "--and I feel like given what you've been through, you don't want people to ever go through what you have."

It was true. I never would want anyone to ever have to go through the bullying and the harassment that I had. The song I chose for the first show was because I related to the lyrics, and when I was told to chose a more 'uplifting' song, as Buster put it, I found myself wanting to believe the lyrics, but I wanted the fans to believe in them too.

I stared at my hands, looking at the furless flesh. I had the opportunity here to do something great--to inspire others--because if someone like me could do this well, then anyone else can do well too.

"Okay," I said. "Okay, I'll do it."

Buster shrieked happily. "Well, follow me! There is so much to discuss."

Hours passed and we had a pretty good idea about how the show was going to go. I had told him about my songs, and he immediately said how he wouldn't except anything less that something I wrote, so the pressure was high. We talked about choreography and what instrument I would be playing. When I had mentioned that I could play the guitar he suggested that I do just that, and that Johnny should accompany me on the piano.