Party

Liam walked into the booming house with Theo on his tail. Their pinky's linked as Liam lead them through the crowd of sweaty, drunk people.

They were attending one of Lydia's signature party's, and they were sort of forced to go as a "pack bonding  activity". Once the two were at an opening in the room off to the side against the wall, Liam leaned back flush against Theo's chest. Theo protectively wrapped his arms around Liams shoulders, and Liam casually brought his hands up to Theo's arms. Theo rested his chin on Liams head, and the two just stood there watching the crowd of people dance to the upbeat music.

Malia walked up to them, slightly drunk.
"Hey!" She said with a grin.

Liam pulled out of Theo's grasp to see him as they all chatted about nothing in particular.

Theo and Malia became good friends after the two started dating, but not everything between the pack was good.
Liam stood listening to Malia talk about deer to Theo as he gave her a disgusted look, when he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. It showed that Mason was calling him, so he told Theo he was going to the bathroom.
Once the beta made it to the bathroom, he shut and locked the door and answered the phone.

"Hey Mason, what's up?" He asked.
"Hey Liam, we need to talk." Mason said in a serious tone. Liam was already starting to get nervous because Mason never really got angry.

"Okay? What's wrong?" Liam asked.
"Corey and I were talking and he told me about the way you were acting towards him the other day. I just wanted to ask why you were acting cold towards him."
Liam didn't trust Corey, he started dating Theo because Theo saved his life multiple times when he didn't have to, and he did whatever he could to earn Liam's trust back. Corey never did anything, just disappeared until Liam found out he and Mason were dating. Liam didn't trust him yet so he immediately felt protective over Mason. Like I said before, not everything between the pack was good.

"I don't trust him, Mason." Liam answered honestly.
"Why not? You seemed to get with Theo pretty fast after he manipulated you into killing your own alpha!" He said a little louder than Liam would have liked.

"I know, but-" Liam was cut off by Mason. "No, no buts, Liam! Corey didn't do half the bad things Theo did and you still continue to dismiss that! I don't understand how you could date Theo but not like it if I date Corey!" Mason yelled.

Liam felt his eyes sting and tears start to well up, he hated when he made Mason upset.

"I never said I didn't like that you two are dating..." He mumbled defensively. But Mason heard it loud and clear because right after he shouted, " Well you sure are acting like it!"

Liam took a deep breathe trying not to cry. He wanted to yell back at Mason but he didn't't want to mess up more than he already had.

"I just don't trust him, Mason..." Liam sighed before talking again. "He just disappeared and never apologized."

Mason scoffed and Liam was starting to get angry. Liam was about to say something else when Mason said, "I don't get it, I've always been supportive of you, always. But you can't be happy that I found someone I love, has it ever occurred to you that maybe I don't trust Theo? Well I don't, if you couldn't already tell. But I don't go around acting like I hate him. I put up with it and the way I feel because I care more about you and how you feel than my own feelings but apparently you don't reciprocate those feelings, so I don't think I should waste my time waiting for you to be happy for me." And with that Mason hung up.

Liam immediately tried to call Mason back, but every time it went to voicemail. He called him six more times before giving up and leaving him tons of apology texts and others along the lines of 'I messed up' and 'I'll try harder".