Be Careful

Liam and Theo have a strange relationship. The way they communicate is complicated.

But, it works out because... somehow... they've been married for two years.

The way their marriage works is the two sarcastically picking on each other and teasing one minute, then being sweet and cuddly the next.

They get into plenty of arguments but neither of them take it too seriously. They know they never mean what they say in those moments.

Liam is stubborn and hardheaded, while Theo is a douche who can't seem to keep his mouth shut. They are complete opposites but need each other.

They cancel each other out.

But one thing is that Liam, no matter what situation they are in or how mad at each other they are, always tells Theo to be careful.

*

"Gotta head to the office for a bit! Be back soon!" Theo yelled from downstairs.

"Okay! Be careful!" Liam yelled back.

*

"You're being ridiculous! I'm leaving! You need to calm down." Theo said angrily.

"Fine!" Liam yelled.

"Fine!" Theo yelled back.

Before Theo opened the door, Liam turned and yelled...

"Be careful... please."

And with that, Theo let go of the doorknob, sighed, and turned back around.

He walked up to Liam and pulled him into a bone crushing hug.

They stood in a hug for a while. Afraid to let the other go.

*

"Li, it's gonna be okay. I know this sucks, but he's in a better place." Theo whispered softly into the betas ear as he held him in his arms on the ground.

Liam let out loud sobs as tears fell down his face. He couldn't take losing his dad.

"What if I went and got Scott? Would that make you feel a little less sad?" Theo asked softly with a sad smile.

Liam just nodded grabbing Theo's shirt harder.

Theo reached and got his phone, he dialed Scott's number and called him.

Liam sobbed and cried into Theo's shoulder as it rang.

"Hello?" Scott answered.

"Scott! Can you come over?" Theo asked.

"I can if you can come get me. My mom is borrowing my car and Malia is out of town." He explained.

"I have to go get him, Li. Is that okay?" Theo asked Liam.

Liam thought for a second before nodding.

"Okay, I'll be there in five." Theo said into the phone.

"Okay, is everything all right?" Scott asked.