Not Enough Time with Me

Theo's POV:
I've been home alone for two days now. The only texts I've gotten from Liam are, 'Staying at Mason's, be home later.' And 'Goodnight'.

I got a 'goodnight' from him both nights but other than that he has not talked to me.

Lately he hasn't spent hardly any time with me. I don't know if I did something wrong or if he just doesn't want to spend time with me anymore.

I pushed those thoughts away and decided to text him.

T: Hey Li, what are you doing?

It took him about 10 minutes to respond.

L: Just playing video games with Mason. Why? What's up?

T: Nothing, when are you coming home?

L: I'm not sure, Corey and Nolan are on their way over so probably gonna stay another night with them. I haven't spent time with them in a while so I thought I'd put in some effort.

That hurt, how could he notice them over me and then say he'd only put in a little effort.

T: Ok

L: Are you okay?

I thought about my answer for a little bit. I don't feel like texting anymore.

T: Mhm

I threw my phone and put my head down on the desk. I heard my phone go off multiple more times.

L: Theo, I'm not an idiot.

L: What's wrong?

L: THEO

L: Where'd you go?

L: Hello?

L: Are you okay?

I sighed before going to pick my phone back up.

L: I'm gonna call you, and you are going to answer.

I sighed again when I read that text. Before I knew it my phone was ringing.

I waited a few rings before answering.

"Hello?" I said in a mumbled tone.

"Theo? What's wrong with you?" He said loudly.

"Nothings wrong with me." I said before putting my head back down.

"You can't just say 'mhm' and then not respond after I ask you what's wrong." He explained.

"Mhm." I said.

"Theo, I swear to god if you don't shut up-" he started, but was cut off.

I heard Nolan and Corey walk in.

"Hey Nolan! Hey Corey! What's up?" Liam said.

They talked for a minute before Liam came back to the phone.

"We will continue this conversation another day." He said.

Then he hung up.

I know I'm probably being very dramatic but he feels distant and it feels like he doesn't care. That's a terrible feeling. I flopped onto the bed and started to cry.

I don't want Liam to break up with me, I don't want him to hate me. I just want him to spend time with me.

That's all I ask.

———————————————————————————

I woke up still on Liam's bed. I must have cried myself to sleep last night. I got up off the bed a went to grab my phone off the floor.