Hold My Hand

3rd POV:
Liam and Theo have been inseparable since the Anuke-ite. They went from enemies to best friends to lovers. They started dating not long after the Anuke-ite. Then, they got married 7 years later.

Theo has always been very protective of Liam but his world crumbles when Liam gets hurt, or scared, or really anything other than happiness. This week, Liam was scheduled for surgery to get his gallbladder removed.

Liam was nervous but he was no where near as nervous as Theo. Theo has been a wreck all week.

"Theo, relax baby." Liam said rubbing his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I just can't. What if something happens to you! What if something goes wrong and I lose you! I can't handle that." Theo explained.

"You won't lose me, T. It's one surgery and people get it all the time. It's a bit of a recovery but it's nothing I can't handle." Liam said.

"But-" Theo started.

"No, no buts. It's one surgery. I am not going to die." Liam said.

"Don't say that! You might jinx it." Theo said.

Liam laughed.

"I'm not jinxing it, love. I'm trying to tell you that you have nothing to worry about." Liam said.

Theo sighed.

"Okay." He said getting up. He kissed Liam's cheek and walked into their bedroom.

Liam sighed and followed him in their room.

Theo was laid on the bed watching TV. Liam walked up to the bed and sat beside his head. He ran his fingers through Theo's hair in a calming manner.

"I'm gonna be just fine, baby." He whispered.
———————————————————————————
Day of the surgery:
Theo was freaking out. He didn't show it but Liam could clearly see.

"Relax, bubba." Liam said as they were getting settled in the waiting room.

Liam grabbed Theo's hand and rubbed his knuckles.

"When all this is over, we can go hang out with Mason and Corey and Nolan." Liam said.

Theo loved hanging out with them. Those three and Liam were the only people who really treated him like a normal human being. Everyone else is either untrusting and paranoid or just wants nothing to do with him.

"Oh, they're coming to see you after the surgery." Theo said.

"Oh good! I haven't seen them in ages." Liam said.

Theo faked a small smile.

Then, a nurse came in and called, "Raeken! Liam Raeken!" Into the waiting room.

Liam smiled, never getting tired of the fact that his last name was now Raeken.

Liam stood up and turned back to Theo.

"Baby, just breathe." He said.

Theo shot up form his seat and gave Liam the biggest hug. He didn't want to let go

After about 15 seconds Liam tried to pull away.

"T, I gotta go." Liam whispered.

"No! I'm not letting you leave me!" Theo said, holding on to Liam for dear life.

"Baby! Relax, okay? I will be fine." Liam said rubbing Theo's head.

"Just promise me this, when I'm in there you won't think about anything other than the fact that we will get to live happily without my gallbladder." Liam said.

Theo just nodded squeezing Liam's waist.

"I'll be okay, I love you." Liam said giving Theo a small, passionate kiss.

"I love you too, so much." Theo said, giving him a few more pecks.

"See you in a bit." Liam smiled.

The nurse took Liam to his hospital room and got him ready for surgery.

Theo sat in the waiting room as his mind split open thinking of all the things that could go wrong.

'Just think about how we will live happily without my gallbladder.' Theo thought about Liam's words as they circled his mind.
———————————————————————————
After the surgery:
Theo was sat in the waiting room with his head in his hands as he waited for Liam to be out of surgery.

The nurse walked into the waiting room.

"Raeken?" She called.

Theo shot up out of his seat.

"Is he okay? Is something wrong? What happened?" He bombarded her with questions as they walked out of the waiting room.

"Everything went fine. He's gonna be in a very painful recovery for the next 2 weeks so make sure your patient with him. He's going to need you. Right now he's still out of it on anesthesia. He should be up soon." She said with a smile.

Theo let out a huge breath of relief.

"Oh, thank god." He said.

They made it to his room and she opened the door.

There he was. He had IV tubes sticking out of him and his heart rate monitor was beeping pretty slowly. Theo walked slowly over to his husband.

"Be careful with him, he's gonna be in a bit of pain for a while." She said leaving the room.

"Hey baby, I know you can't hear me but I'm really glad that your okay. I was going out of my mind out there." Theo said grabbing Liam's hand.

Theo sat next to Liam, holding his hand for the next 20 minutes until Liam finally woke up.

"Th-Theo?" He whispered, opening his eyes.

"Hey love. How are you?" Theo smiled, standing up.

"Not great." Liam winced as he sat up a bit.

"Don't move, bubba. The nurse said your gonna be in a bit of pain for a while." Theo said with a sad smile.

"Mhm." Liam winced again.

"Just rest, Li." Theo said, running his hand through his hair.

Liam nodded.

Theo took some of Liam's pain as he rested. They talked a little and watched a movie on the crappy hospital TV.

An hour later, Nolan, Corey, and Mason showed up.

"Hey guys!" Theo said jumping up to hug them all.

The four boys had a long group hug by the door.

"Hey! I feel left out." Liam pouted.

All the boys smiled and carefully gave Liam hugs.

The five boys hung out all night in the hospital. They ended up sleeping in the terrible hospital chairs.

The next morning they left but Theo stayed. Liam was getting released the next day so they just stayed in their own little bubble on the hospital bed. Theo continued to take Liam's pain as Liam rested.
———————————————————————————
After getting out of the hospital:
Theo helped Liam walk to the front door of their home. Liam limped a little bit was healing much faster than the average human, obviously.

When the two got inside Theo carried Liam to their bed and made him some food.

"See? I told you it was gonna be fine." Liam laughed.

"Yeah, yeah. Just no more going into surgery!" Theo said with a stern look. It made Liam crack up.

"How am I supposed to control that?!?" He laughed out.

Theo just pecked his face in every possible area he could reach.

"I love you, Li." Theo whispered.

"I love you, bubba." Liam said.